What is Financial Aid
Financial aid consists of funds awarded to students to help meet their educational expenses. It can also provide students with the opportunity to earn money to help cover their expenses.
There are several types of aid offered at Cerro Coso College which are funded from federal and state agencies and private organizations. The major categories are:
- SCHOLARSHIPS - Awards based on scholastic achievement and other criteria. These awards do not require repayment.
- GRANTS - Awards based upon financial need. They do not require repayment.
- LOANS - Awards which must be repaid, usually after leaving school. Most loans have low interest rates.
- WORK STUDY - Opportunity to earn money for school through part-time employment.
How to Apply for Financial Aid
Apply online at studentaid.gov - for US citizens or eligible non-citizens
There are many opportunities for funding your education. All students must fill out the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) or Renewal Application at FAFSA on the Web every year. Applying online is fast and easy.
DREAM ACT APPLICATIONS: For eligible AB540 students (attended 3 years and graduated from CA High School, is not eligible to fill out FAFSA) - Considered for Cal Grants and Board of Governor's Fee waiver pending income eligibility.
Before you begin to apply - Important things to remember:
- The Cerro Coso Title IV Federal School Code (010111) must be entered on your FAFSA so that your information will be transmitted to us electronically.
- Apply for a pin at fsaid.ed.gov to sign electronically. Note parents of dependent students must also apply for a pin.