Student Employment

iwv campus at dusk

Student Employment provides an opportunity to fund your education while obtaining entrance level job skills and experience that will assist you in obtaining employment outside of the campus. Various student employment opportunities exist at Cerro Coso in a variety of areas. Please contact the Financial Aid Office (760) 384-6221 or the CalWORKs program office at (760) 384-6219 to learn more about the student employment opportunities available to you. For information about job opportunities available to students outside of Cerro Coso, in the Indian Wells Valley area, visit our Career Center website.

How to Apply for a Financial Aid Student Worker Position

All students must fill out the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) or Renewal Application at FAFSA on the Web every year to be considered for most student worker jobs. Apply for financial aid online at .

Financial Aid Work Study Programs

Federal Work Study (FWS)

Student workers are funded through the Federal Work Study Program, a federal financial aid program that requires that the student apply for federal financial aid, meet specific eligibility requirements and must have received a Cerro Coso College Financial Aid Award Letter. To be eligible for a FWS job, a student must be enrolled in at least six or more units and maintain a 2.0 GPA. Potential applicants must have the skills required for the job. All jobs on-campus and off-campus are supervised by faculty or staff. Current open Work Study positions are listed on the Career Center website.

Hiring a Student Worker

Faculty interested in hiring a student worker should contact the Career Center.