International Students must:
- Be at least 18 years old.
- Have a valid F1/M1 Visa, I-20 form, and student passport.
- Be enrolled full-time (12 semester units).
- Maintain good academic standing by maintaining at least a 2.0 GPA and completing all coursework.
- Be timely in registering and paying for their classes.
- Maintain F1/M1 student visa status.
- Have health insurance.
Becoming a Student at Cerro Coso
- Fill out the application form online.
Apply by April 15th for the fall semester that starts in August.
Apply by October 15th for the spring Semester that starts in January.
- Fill out and return the International Admissions Packet to Kim Blackwell in Counseling.
- Send us your high school and college transcripts.
Credit earned from other accredited colleges or universities may be transferred to Cerro Coso upon admission. Students will need to provide official transcripts showing satisfactory scholarship and an honorable dismissal. Transcripts from all previously attended colleges must be mailed directly to Admissions and Records:
Admissions & Records
Cerro Coso Community College
3000 College Heights Blvd
Ridgecrest, CA 93555
Phone: (760) 384-6374
Fax: (760) 384-6377
- Attend orientation.
- Meet with a counselor/advisor for placement in math and English.
- Meet with Kim Blackwell once you have completed your orientation and assessment tests to develop a Student Education Plan (SEP) for your first semester at Cerro Coso. The SEP must be completed by October 1st.
- Register for classes.
- Pay fees within ten days of registering for classes.
- Attend classes. Students who do not attend the first day of class will be dropped.
- Meet with Kim Blackwell, DSO in Counseling each semester to update your I-20, further develop your SEP, and discuss meeting your education and career goals. Please make an appointment late March/early April for summer and fall registration and in late October/early November for spring registration.
Resources for International Students
- Foreign Transcript Evaluation List of Agencies Approved by the State Of California
- Student Process Steps: How to Navigate the U.S. Immigration System
- International Student & Scholar Health Insurance
- 2015 Recommended Immunizations for Adults
- Cerro Coso International Club