Jump Start Your College Success with Scholarships at Cerro Coso!
The CCCC Foundation works with dozens of community donors to offer scholarships and awards to Cerro Coso students just like you with one easy application and more than 50 opportunities for cash awards.
More than $100,000 available in local awards. $30,000 in local STEM scholarships. Check it out!
- Use your student email to log in
- Visit the CCCC Office of Financial Aid for one-on-one assistance with applications
- Complete your application online, the link will be available October 1 - February 28
- Each applicant will be screened for every scholarship.
- Check the website often for updates and more scholarship opportunities
The CCCC Foundation is committed to helping students succeed in college through its scholarship program. Fundraising events are held throughout the year to raise money for scholarships for Cerro Coso students. The amounts awarded are determined by the amounts donated throughout the year. The following Foundation Scholarships are available:
- California Turtle and Tortoise Club Scholarship
- Don Kumferman Memorial Scholarship
- Engility STEM Scholarship
- Eric Blackwell Memorial Scholarship
- Gail Marie Petty Memorial Scholarship
- Gilbert Plain Family Scholarship
- Jessica Schrader Scholarship
- Kerncrest Audubon Meade Scholarship
- Myrlan 'Speed' Handeland Family Scholarship
- Pamela Coward Memorial Scholarship
- Patti Keith Scholarship
- Ronald Curtis Wilson Memorial Scholarship
- Tania Lynn Atkisson Memorial Scholarship
- Alice C. Ream Memorial Vocational Nursing Scholarship
- Anton & Ruth Ozanich Family Scholarship
- Bertha Wilson-Cronin Nursing Scholarship
- Bill Moore Memorial Scholarship Fund
- Bill Whitworth Memorial Scholarship
- Billy and Florence Halop Memorial Scholarship
- Clyde Cherry Scholarship Fund
- Connie Farrell Memorial Nursing Scholarship
- Cox-Veatch Family Memorial Scholarship
- Dallas E. Tirk Memorial Scholarship
- Dick Malone Family Scholarship
- Dorothy P. Leet Memorial Scholarship
- East Kern Youth Projects Scholarship
- Fire Mountain Foundation Scholarship
- Frank Dickey Memorial Scholarship Fund
- H. P. Leet Memorial Scholarship
- Helen Weals Family Scholarship
- James M. Pearson Memorial Scholarship Fund
- Jewell Thornberry Memorial Nursing Scholarship
- John and Bobbie Ward Scholarship
- John Dunker Fine Arts Scholarship
- John 'Jack' Richer Memorial Scholarship
- Judy A. Swansson Memorial Scholarship
- June Wasserman Scholarship
- Kielman Family Scholarship
- Lonny A. Daniel Memorial Scholarship
- Lorraine McClung Memorial Art Scholarship
- Order of Golden Slipper M.H.C. Scholarship
- President's Scholarship
- Ray Marsh Memorial Scholarship
- Raymond A. McCue Memorial Scholarship
- Richard J. Stenger Memorial Chemistry Scholarship
- Ridgecrest-China Lake Optimist Club Scholarship
- Ruby and Clyde Hartzell Scholarship
- Senator Walter Stiern Memorial Scholarship
- Steven Paul Brown Memorial Scholarship
- Ted Bachman Memorial Health Careers Scholarship
- Teresa Allen Vocational Nursing Scholarship
- Vivian Boultinghouse Memorial Scholarship
- Walter Sulek Memorial Scholarship
If you have questions about Scholarships please contact:Candace Cornett
Outside Scholarship Opportunities
There are a variety of outside scholarships that are available to students from various businesses and organizations. The following websites may provide you with helpful information regarding scholarships. Please note, these sites are not part of Cerro Coso Community College; emails to these organizations will not go to Cerro Coso but rather the agency itself. See tab above for the list of currently open outside scholarships that have come to our attention.
Education Matters Scholarship
While continuing your education takes time, and money, there's a certain value that
everyone is hoping to achieve. Our Education Matters Scholarship is giving you the
chance to state why education matters. Why does education matter to you? What is the
value you hope to receive from college? What would you do to convince the college
Deadline: Thursday, November 30, 2023. Amount: $5,000.
We're offering $500 to an outstanding student who exemplifies leadership and a willingness
to help others. You may have mentored a fellow student, organized a fundraiser for
charity, or gone on a humanitarian trip abroad. Whatever your achievements, we want
to hear from you!
Deadline: Monday, December 4, 2023. Amount: $500.
Allied Van Lines, one of the leading long distance and cross country moving companies
in America, is excited to offer a 2023 scholarship program aimed at students whose
area of study focuses on logistics and moving-related fields. We are committed to
growing our industry and supporting the brightest students in logistics and moving.
Deadline: Friday, December 15, 2023. Amount: $1,000.
Foreclosure.com has issued $72,000 in scholarship money to 40 college students nationwide
since the program was introduced in 2009. Each year, the company challenges future
leaders of America to provide creative solutions/ideas to many of the nation's most
critical issues, real estate in particular, which can be used to help foster a robust
United States housing market.
Deadline: Friday, December 15, 2023. Amount: up to $4,000.
Inspired by David Letterman and his top ten lists, we created the Top Ten List Scholarship.
With so many awards based on grades and extracurricular activities, this unique scholarship
gives you the chance to show us what's truly special and different about you. Get
creative, be serious, or tug at our heart strings. Whatever you do, you only have
ten reasons to convince us, so make each one count.
Deadline: Sunday, December 31, 2023. Amount: $1,500.
Imagine a historical figure is brought back to life. Who is it? What's their favorite
Deadline: Sunday, December 31, 2023. Amount: $10,000.
To further our commitment to helping students develop the skills necessary to pursue
their dreams, we're offering a $500 scholarship to women pursuing a STEM career. The
scholarship will be awarded to a female student who demonstrates a passion for any
STEM career and is looking to make an impact in their field.
Deadline: Monday, January 15, 2024. Amount: $500.
A scholarship for those admitted and enrolled as an Information Technology or Cyber
Security student at Cerro Coso Community College.
Deadline: Sunday, January 21, 2024. Amount: $500 - $1,000.
Big things come in small packages. And now, those simple gifts can really pay off
in our Sweet and Simple Scholarship!
Deadline: Wednesday, February 28, 2024. Amount: $1,500.
Funded through a generous donation from the San Manuel Band of Mission Indians, the Native American California Community College Students Scholarship seeks to make college more affordable and accessible for students enrolled in a federally recognized Native American, American Indian, or Alaska Native tribe and attending a California Community College.
Students: Submit your application to your Community College Financial Aid or Scholarship Office.
Do NOT submit an application directly to FoundationCCC. Scholarships will be distributed
on a first-come, first-served basis, so make sure to apply to your Community College
Scholarship or Financial Aid Office as early as possible!
Deadline: Tuesday, April 30, 2024. Amount: $2,500.
- Marine Corp Scholarship Foundation
- Veterans United Foundation Scholarship: Given twice a year.
- Varsity Tutors Monthly Scholarship Description: Varsity Tutors offers a monthly $1,000 college scholarship contest to students who write the best essay in response to a monthly prompt. Visitors to the Varsity Tutors scholarship webpage will be able to vote via social media for submitted entries. The top five entries with the most votes will be reviewed by Varsity Tutors and one winner will be chosen who will receive a $1,000 college scholarship.
- American Indian College Fund
- California-Hawaii Elks Association Scholarships
- ExtremeTerrain's Student Scholarships
Search for More Scholarships
- California Scholarships
- College, College Scholarships, and Online Degrees
- College Resource Network
- College Scholarships.org including
- Disabled Scholarship Opportunities
- Scholarships for Interracial Students
- Scholarships for LGBT Students and Children of LGBT Parents
- Scholarships for Women
- and many, many more for all sorts of students
- EduBirdie List of African American Scholarships and Grants
- FastWeb Featured Scholarships
- FinAid: The SmartStudent Guide to Financial Aid
- Financial Aid for Minorities
- Guaranteed Scholarships
- Latino College Dollars
- MoneyGeek Scholarship Search
- National Academy of American Scholars
- NextStepU Scholarship Search
- ReadySchools.org Hispanic and Latino Scholarships
More Help for College
- Asian & Pacific Islander American Scholarship Fund
- Federal Student Aid
- Hispanic College Fund
- National College Access Network
- United Negro College Fund
How To Guides
- Affordable Colleges Online: College Scholarships and Financial Aid for Students with Disabilities
- CampusGrotto.com Paying for College
- Scholarship Guide for Asian Students
- Scholarship Guide for Black Students
- Scholarship Guide for Hispanic Students
- SurveysSay: How to Write a Scholarship Essay
- theclassroom.com How to Get a Scholarship
- theclassroom.com How to Get Scholarships for Disabled Students
- wikiHow.com How to Get a Full Scholarship