Applying for Financial Aid
- Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
- Open to U.S. Citizens and Eligible Non-Citizens. To get started, visit Federal Student Aid (www.studentaid.gov).
- After logging in with your FSA ID or creating one for login access, you can proceed with your application.
- Remember to include Cerro Coso Community College's school code (010111), otherwise, we will not receive your application.
- Following your application submission, kindly allow 1-2 weeks for our Financial Aid Office to receive and process it.
- Continue to monitor your Inside CC portal under the following sections:
- Financial Aid
- Current aid year
This is where you can check if any additional requirements are being requested.
For AB540 students: complete the confidential California Dream Act Application instead of the FAFSA. Additional information is available at California Dream Act Application.
- Student Report
Students will receive an email notification from FAFSA or CADAA of their Student Aid Report (SAR). Please note, it takes approximately 1-3 weeks from the time you apply for the college to receive your FAFSA or CADAA. Students should check their InsideCC account for updates on their financial aid process.
- The Verification Process
The Federal Processing Center (for FAFSA) and the California Student Aid Commissioner (for CADAA) selects applications for a process called verification. Please understand that during the verification process, you may be asked to provide additional documents or clarification of your original FAFSA/CADAA information. If documents submitted result is a change to your Expected Family Contribution (EFC), the Financial Aid Office will submit the corrections for you. Please note that changes made on your FAFSA/CADAA can take an additional two weeks to process; therefore, IT IS VERY IMPORTANT TO PROVIDE ACCURATE INFORMATION WHEN COMPLETING YOUR FAFSA/CADAA TO HELP EXPEDITE ANY VERIFICATION REQUESTED.
- Satisfactory Progress
Students that apply for financial aid will be reviewed to determine if they are maintaining Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP). To meet SAP, students must achieve a cumulative Grade Point Average (GPA) of 2.0 or better and complete 67% of all units attempted prior to attempting a total of 90 cumulative units. In addition, students must be following their Student Educational Plan (SEP) approved by a Cerro Coso Community College Counselor.
- Award Notification
Once awarded, you will be sent an email with a link to view your InsideCC portal. Once you login, go to:
- Financial Aid
- You have the option to view your account summary by term or view award by aid year
- Financial Aid Disbursements
See BankMobile Disbursements