What is the Peer Mentor Program?
Peer Mentors are students helping students! Mentors offer guidance, encouragement and a supportive network to Access Programs students and maintain regular contact throughout the semester. They assist in coordinating program activities and events that promote student engagement.
We encourage you to sign-up for peer mentoring.
What's the Benefit of Having a Mentor?
- Make connections with other students and college staff
- Discover campus resources
- Improve social skills and study strategies
- Stay on track to meet your educational goals
- Enrich your student experience
How Do You Sign Up?
- Fill out the One-on-One Mentoring Application
- Get partnered with a mentor and arrange times to meet
- Meet regularly and stay on track to meet your goals
Want to Become a Mentor?
If you are interested in sharing your college experience with your peers and want to:
- Help students feel welcome
- Motivate, encourage, and guide students through their educational journey
- Gain leadership and collaboration skills
then we encourage you to inquire about the position!