Welcome to Cooperative Agencies Resources for Education (CARE), servicing Ridgecrest, Kern River Valley/Lake Isabella, Tehachapi, Eastern Sierra, and Online EOPS participating students.
The CARE program is available to EOPS students that are single head of household, receiving Aid to Families with Dependent Child (AFDC) or Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF/Tribal TANF), with at least one child being under 18 years of age.
The program collaborates with agencies in the community and CalWORKs program to advance development in self-responsibility and advocacy to accomplish career and life goals for single parents.
- Additional grants based on funding
- Childcare Allowance
- Meal tickets
- Supplemental supplies
- Club Activities
- Accepted into the EOPS program
- Be a single parent, filing as head of household
- On AFDC or TANF/Tribal TANF, with a Passport to Services for yourself or children
- Have at lease 1 child under the age of 18 at acceptance into the program
How do I apply:
Complete an EOPS application. CARE eligibility is determined through this application and you must also submit a copy of your Passport To Services to the Access Programs Office.EOPS/CARE Application
- You must remain compliant with EOPS.
- Must attend at lease one CARE activity each spring and fall semester.
NOTE: Non-compliance with your EOPS requirements may result in termination of your EOPS and CARE Services.