Welcome to NextUp (Real Opportunities for Foster Youth), providing services to Cerro Coso Community College online students and those at the Ridgecrest, Kern River Valley/Lake Isabella, Tehachapi, Bishop, and Mammoth campuses. NextUp assists and aids students who are current or former foster youth/under guardianship.
- Grants, each semester
- Monthly meal cards
- Supplemental supplies
- Transportation Assistance
- Be a current or former foster youth who was in care on or after your 13th birthday
- Be under the age of 26 at time of acceptance into the NextUp program
- Be enrolled in at least 1 unit
- Former Cerro Coso NextUp students, who have previously aged out, are eligible to return
If you are a new student, submit an application by clicking the button below. Be sure to select "YES" on question 5, for "Current or former foster youth."
If you would prefer a paper application, visit our Access Programs office located at the Ridgecrest Campus behind the OneStop Reception desk on the 2nd floor.
To request a verification letter, call the California Foster Care Ombudsperson's Office at 877-846-1602 or contact your county worker.
For more information, visit the Foster Youth Education Resource Hub.