Welcome to Extended Opportunity Programs & Services (EOPS), providing services to Cerro Coso Community College students at the Ridgecrest, Kern River Valley/Lake Isabella, Tehachapi, Eastern Sierra campuses, and online.
The Cerro Coso Community College EOPS program was developed in 1975 to give people who have financial and academic need an opportunity to obtain their dreams.
The following services are contingent upon students' individual financial needs, as determined by financial aid.
- Book vouchers, up to $600 each spring and fall semesters $300 in summer
- Priority Registration
- Assigned EOPS Counselor and assistant, to help guide you towards academic and/or career success
- Enrolled in 12 units for fall or spring, and at least 4 units for summer at acceptance into the EOPS program
- Be a California resident, or be an AB 540 California Dreamer
- Demonstrate financial need determined by FAFSA application - visit studentaid.gov for more details
- Educationally disadvantaged
How do I apply?
Complete and submit an application by fax to (760) 384-6320 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org, or turn it in to your local campus (Ridgecrest/IWV, KRV, Tehachapi, and ESCC Bishop and Mammoth Lakes).
- Upon acceptance, complete EOPS Orientation and sign the EOPS Mutual Responsibility Contract (MRC)
- Complete a Program Approval each semester with an Access Counselor
- Attend at least 2 EOPS approved activities
- Have at least 2 contacts with an Access Programs Counselor, and 1 with an Access Programs Assistant
- Complete the Educational Plan with an Access Counselor by the end of your first semester
in the program
- Review Progress report with Access Assistant or Access Counselor
- Maintain a semester GPA of 2.0
- Complete 50% of units attempted
Non-compliance with your EOPS requirements may result in the termination of your EOPS services.