Prospective Coyote Student Athlete?
If you are a prospective Cerro Coso Student Athlete, enter your information using the button below and a college representative will follow-up with you.
Becoming a Student at Cerro Coso
- Fill out the application form online.
- Send us your transcripts, if we ask.
Credit earned from other accredited colleges or universities may be transferred to Cerro Coso upon admission. Students will need to provide official transcripts showing satisfactory scholarship and an honorable dismissal. Transcripts from all previously attended colleges must be mailed directly to Admissions and Records:
Admissions & Records
Cerro Coso Community College
3000 College Heights Blvd
Ridgecrest, CA 93555
Phone: (760) 384-6374
Fax: (760) 384-6377
- Register with the NCAA Eligibility Center.
- Attend orientation.
- Log into Navigate.
- Meet with Tim Allen to determine your placement in math and English and to develop a Student Education Plan. The SEP must be completed by March 1 for spring sports and by October 1st for fall sports. Contact Counseling for more information and to make an appointment.
- Get Financial Aid by completing the FAFSA online at studentaid.gov.
Cerro Coso's Federal School Code (010111) must be entered on your FAFSA so that your information will be transmitted to us electronically. You will also need a pin to sign the FAFSA electronically. Apply for a pin at fsaid.ed.gov. Parents of dependent students must also apply for a pin.
- If you qualify, also apply for a California College Promise Grant (formerly known as the BOG Fee Waiver) on the Financial Aid webpage.
- Register for classes.
- Pay fees within ten days of registering for classes (unless you have an approved fee waiver. [See Financial Aid.])
- Attend classes. Students who do not attend the first day of class will be dropped. If you are dropped, YOU ARE NOT ELIGIBLE TO PLAY.
- Meet with Tim Allen in counseling each semester to further develop your SEP discuss meeting your education and career goals.