In Order to Qualify for Academic Year 2023-2024...
- Student needs to have established California Residency and reside within the Kern Community College District (KCCD) Service Area*
- Have graduated within the last 2 years of one of the high schools within the KCCD service area
- Possess a minimum 2.5 GPA upon high school completion
- Enroll at Cerro Coso as a full-time student - at least 12 units per semester
- Enroll in required English and Math courses*, or show proof of completion
- Complete applications for Cerro Coso, the Promise, and all Financial Aid
- Complete student orientation
- Declare an Educational Goal and develop a student education plan with Cerro Coso Counseling services.
*Students will need to meet with a counselor to review their placement for math and English. This can be done during the Student Education Plan (SEP) appointment. Placement will specify the required class and make recommendations in regards to co-requisite courses or other academic supports. Students will need to register for the math and English courses as identified by their placement and outlined in the SEP.
To Remain Eligible for Academic Year 2023-2024...
- Maintain at least a 2.0 cumulative GPA
- Maintain at least 12 units or more for the Fall AND Spring semesters. The program highly encourages taking summer courses if applicable.
- Complete 8 hours of outreach activities per academic semester
- Maintain good student conduct standing
* Students attending the Bishop and Mammoth Lakes campuses of Cerro Coso Community College should apply for the Inyo or Mono Promises.