The College is following the California Department of Public Health current guidelines and strongly recommends that all persons, regardless of vaccination status, continue to mask while in indoor public settings and businesses. Individuals are able to obtain masks at all of our locations as they have been a proven way to slow the spread of COVID-19 and other illnesses.
For public health and reporting purposes, and in preparation should circumstances change, Cerro Coso Community College needs to continue to track positive COVID-19 cases for our staff and students. Therefore, we need any staff or students who test positive for COVID-19 to self-report. We can then investigate and communicate appropriately to our college community about any transmission concerns.
Please self-report any positive COVID-19 test either through the KCCD Campus Pass App that we used all last year, or through our online COVID-19 Form for Self-Reporting Positive Test.
We continue to employ the following COVID-19 mitigation strategies:
- Masks are strongly recommended, not required indoors - Face masks will continue to be available to all staff and students.
- Stay home when sick and get tested - If you are experiencing COVID Symptoms - get tested.
- Hand Hygiene - Hand sanitizer will continue to be available; frequent hand washing is recommended.
- Cleaning - College will continue to follow CDPH guidance on cleaning/sanitizing.
- Ventilation - High-grade filters and HEPA filters will remain a standard in our district.
In order to keep our community updated on the latest coronavirus (COVID-19) developments, Cerro Coso is providing this webpage. Our goal is to provide you with resources and the latest news on the coronavirus (COVID-19).
Cerro Coso Cares, Finish Line, Disaster Relief Grants Information
- Kern County Public Health Services Department
- Inyo County Public Health and Prevention Division
- Mono County Public Health
- Tracking Covid-19 (CA Dept of Public Health)
- Guidance for people fully vaccinated. (CDC.gov)
- Getting your vaccine
- Know Your Risk of Getting COVID-19
- How to Wear a Mask
- When to Wear a Mask
- Coronavirus Symptoms
- I Think or Know I Had COVID-19, and I Had Symptoms. When Can I Be Around Others?
- What You Need to Know About Handwashing
- Safe Campus Reopening Protocols (May 2021)
- Safe Campus Reopening Protocols (October 2020)
- Fall 2021 Classes
- Spring 2021 Classes
- Fall 2020 Classes
- 5/4/2020 Update from Heather Ostash/Student Services Update: Commencement
- 4/28/2020 Update:Upcoming Zoom Meetings regarding Student Services Updates
- 4/9/2020 Update: Student Services
- 4/7/2020 Update-Resource Guides
- 3/26/2020 Update: Drop Deadline Extended
- 3/22/2020 Update:Student Services
- 3/17/2020 Update: Emergency Notification
- 3/17/2020 Update: Trainings
- 3/14/2020 Update: Notice re Classes going online and links to trainings