Kern County Sheriff's Office Training
Kern Regional Training Center
As a member of the Kern County Sheriff's Office (KCSO), you have access to a wide range of training opportunities to enhance your skills and knowledge. These courses are typically offered by the KCSO Regional Training Center (RTC), but are provided college credit. It is important to have an active and up-to-date Cerro Coso account to attend your required trainings.
Advanced Officer Courses
To register for Advanced Officer courses, simply follow these steps:
- Log in to InsideCC
- Ensure your information is updated
- Click on the "Course Registration" button
- Fill out the registration form and submit it
To register for Academy courses, simply follow these steps:
If you have any questions or encounter, any issues with registration, email firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
We offer a variety of courses that align with training requirements for STC, POST, and Advanced Officer training, including:
- ACAD 70 - Single Day Training: This course covers a range of topics including use of force, defensive tactics, and firearms.
- ACAD 71 - Single Day Training: This course covers a range of topics including patrol procedures, traffic stop procedures, and crowd control.
- ACAD 72 - Multiday Training: This course covers a range of topics including use of force, defensive tactics, and firearms.
- ACAD 73 - Multi day training: This course covers a range of topics including patrol procedures, traffic stop procedures, and crowd control.
- ACAD 100X - STC (Detentions/Corrections) Academy: This is the first of 3 courses that are included in the California Standards for Training and Corrections academy.
- ACAD 200X - POST Academy: This is the first of 3 courses that are included in the California POST Academy.
Thank you for choosing Cerro Coso Community College for your law enforcement training. We look forward to helping you achieve your professional goals.
You have taken the first step towards professional growth and advancement by enrolling in the law enforcement training program at Cerro Coso Community College. The success rate for law enforcement training programs in the United States is 86%, an outstanding result for diligent officers. By obtaining a Reserve Officer Certificate (16 Units), Peace Officer Certificate (30 Units), or Corrections Officer Certificate (16 Units), you are setting yourself apart from your peers and opening up a world of opportunities.
Not only do these certificates increase your pay potential in law enforcement, but they also serve as valuable steppingstone towards further education. By continuing your education and obtaining a degree in Administration of Justice, you will be positioning yourself for even greater advancement opportunities, such as supervisory and management roles.
We encourage you to take advantage of these opportunities and continue your professional learning journey. The rewards are endless, and the benefits will be seen not only in your career but also in the community you serve.
Credit For Prior Learning
Cerro Coso Community College recognizes the value of prior experience and offers credit for it. This means that you may be able to earn college credit for knowledge and skills you have acquired through your work or other training experiences. This can save you time and money, allowing you to complete your degree or certification program more quickly. We suggest you speak with an academic advisor if you have prior work or training experience that you believe aligns with the curriculum of one of our courses. This will enable you to determine if you qualify for credit for prior learning.