Childcare Resources

Child Development Center at CC

The Cerro Coso Child Development Centers are serving families and children in-person and via virtual learning. We have a limited number of in person spots available at each site. Please complete a preliminary application to be put on the wait list or contact Jessica Krall at

Complete CDC Application »

Child Development Center (Facility #150406460 & 150406458)

3000 College Heights Blvd
Ridgecrest, CA 93555
Phone: (760) 384-6362

California City Child Development Center (Facility #153801788)

10179 Heather Ave
California City, CA 93505-2247
Phone: (760) 373-2664

The Center offers a developmentally appropriate program funded through the Department of Education. Part-day preschool and full-time care are available to families who qualify. Students of Cerro Coso Community College are given first priority. Facilities are located in Ridgecrest and California City. Cerro Coso Child Development Center offers quality early childhood experiences and childcare to anyone in our community and serves children ranging in age from 18 months to the start of Kindergarten. We are open Monday-Friday, 7:45am to 5:00pm. The Center does close for staff in-service days and some holidays. A calendar of these dates is provided upon enrollment. Submit an application to enroll your child(ren) in our program.

Additional Resources

IWV Community Resources

View a list of resources available in the IWV area

Child Care Payment Assistance

Child Care Payment Assistance through Kern County Superintendent of Schools

The California Alternative Payment Program (CAPP) requires the submission of a child care application to determine the need and eligibility for low-income eligible families. This program is funded by the California Department of Education (CDE). CAPP is a parental choice program. Parents may choose a licensed child care center, a licensed family child care provider, or a license-exempt provider like a family, friend, or neighbor. License-exempt providers must meet program requirements before approval is granted. Children 12 years of age and younger are eligible for child care services.

Who is eligible for payment assistance?

Low-income parents and guardian's living in Kern County who meet at least one of the following criteria:

  • Working
  • Job Search
  • Training for a job
  • Going to School
  • Homeless
  • Incapacitated (with written verification by a legal or licensed qualified professional)

To see if you qualify based on income Download this document (Excel file) to review ranking levels.

Payment Assistance Application

You may also pick up an application at any one of our offices.

Inyo County Child Care Services

Child Care Connection - Inyo County Child Care Resource and Referral
Inyo County Office of Education Child Development

Mono County Child Care Services

Mono County Child Care Council