Frequently Asked Questions

May anyone acquire access to the Edwards Air Force Base?

Yes, you can request a 1-day pass. Please call (760) 384-6280. You will need a Driver's License, proof of insurance and car registration.

Can I take classes at Edwards if I am not affiliated with the military?

Yes, anyone can take classes here.

I'm taking a class at Edwards, AFB? Can I get a base pass ID?

Yes, please call (760) 384-6280 to arrange your ID appointment. Building closes at 5:00 pm.

Do you offer proctoring?

Yes, contact Kristin Hanle at (760) 384-6281.

Can I take the assessment at your Edwards, AFB location?

Yes, you will need an appointment. Please call (760) 384-6280.

For the Community College of the Air Force (CCAF), what are the 5 transferrable classes I can take at Cerro Coso College?

Intermediate Algebra (Math C055), Freshman Composition (English C101), Speech C101, one Humanities course and one Social Science course.

What happens if I don't test into Math C055 and English C101?

You will need to begin at the level of English and math you tested and work your way up to Math C055 and English C101.

How do I request transcripts?

Please fill out the Transcript Request Form as detailed on the Transcripts page.

Does Cerro Coso automatically send my transcripts to CCAF after the semester is over?

No, you will need to request transcripts yourself. Please complete Transcript Request Form and follow directions on the Transcripts page. Admissions and Records will issue the transcript.

Does Cerro Coso accept Tuition's Assistance (TA)? When is the deadline?

Yes, you may turn in your form 7-45 days before your class begins. Seven days before the class starts is the deadline.

Where are classes offered in East Kern?

Edwards, AFB (Education Center Building), Tehachapi, Cal City High School, and Mojave High School.

How can I purchase my books?

Please visit our Bookstore.

Do you offer Bachelor's degrees?

No, Cerro Coso is a community college. It does not offer four-year baccalaureate degrees. We offer two-year degrees, also known as associate's degree and certifications. Students may transfer from community colleges to four-year institution.

Do you accept upper division credits from other institutions?

All courses offered at a community college are lower division courses. Upper division courses are offered for junior and senior level credit. These courses are not offered or accepted by community colleges.