Congratulations 2023 Cerro Coso Graduates!
It is the most wonderful time of the year, Graduation! You have worked hard to complete your degree or certificate, and Cerro Coso is excited to celebrate your accomplishments! Cerro Coso Community College is excited to bring back our annual celebration with an entirely in-person graduation ceremony this spring!
To better inform us regarding this year's graduation, information regarding the Commencement Ceremony is available on this page and under the tabs below to help you and your family plan for the ceremony.
For questions, please contact: email@example.com
Helpful Information for Guests of the Graduate:
Head south on College Heights Blvd. turn right into the Athletic Complex parking lot.
Dr. Raymond A. McCue Athletic Complex Parking Lot. Parking permits are not required for this event.
Tickets are not required for graduation.
Seating is on a first-come, first-served basis; we advise family and friends arrive early.
The Cerro Coso College Bookstore will be selling graduation gifts and Cerro Coso gear at the Gym on the west side of the entrance before the ceremony.
Pre-register and save 20% off your graduation photos from GradImages.
Updated wording: Diplomas and certificates are not handed out at the ceremony. Students will receive a Cerro Coso diploma cover that can be used to store their printed award when received. Awards can take up to 10 weeks after final grades post, however, student records are updated sooner. Graduates will be contacted via student email from Parchment, Inc. when their official digital award is ready to download and to verify mailing addresses for printed awards.
- Students will meet at the Lecture Center starting at 9:30am. Please arrive no later than 10:30 am and arrive with your cap and gown.
- Please proceed to the check-in table associated with the first letter of your last name to check in and pick up your name card. Your name card must be completed at the time of check-in. The name card allows the name readers to read and pronounce your name correctly, provides you the opportunity to write a brief message of thanks or goals, and also completes your photography process.
- If you have additional regalia, such as Military/Veteran, Phi Theta Kappa (PTK), Honors, etc., please visit the “Additional Regalia” table after checking in.
General Ceremony and Dress Code Information
- After check-in, graduates will be guided into the gymnasium for the ceremony. Please
wear appropriate shoes for the ceremony.
- Stiletto or spike heels are not recommended as the path of travel to the ceremony may be a challenge along with the indoor ramps to the stage.
- Please no flip flops or house slippers.
- Please be mindful of clothing and the general temperature of the day. You will be wearing a graduation cap and gown and the weather is likely to be warm.
- Please give personal belongings to a family member or friend prior to checking in. It is suggested to wear clothing with pockets under the graduation gown. Graduates will not be able to carry purses, backpacks, etc.
The Cerro Coso Bookstore on the IWV campus is now selling graduation regalia. When purchasing these items from the bookstore, they are sold as a set with a cap, gown, and black tassel. There are additional items for purchase such as the blue and silver “bling” tassel. The pricing of these items is listed below:
The bookstore is open Monday - Thursday from 10 am to 3 pm.
- Regular Bundle (Includes cap, gown & regular tassel) $60.00
- Bling Bundle (Includes cap, gown & bling tassel) $67.00
- Cap and gown (no tassel) $52.50
- Cap $10.00
- Bling tassel $15.00
- Regular tassel $7.50
**Please Note: If you or someone you know will have trouble affording to purchase regalia or the cost of graduation regalia will prevent you from participating in graduation, WE CAN HELP! Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and we will assist you. No one should miss graduation because of this!
- Access Programs: If you are an Access Program graduate (EOPS, DSPS, CARE, NextUp, or CalWORKs), you should receive your regalia at the Access Programs Award Ceremony.
- Finish Line Scholar: If you are a confirmed Finish Line Scholar, you should receive your stole at the Cerro Coso Promise Ceremony. If you did not receive this, please visit the “Additional Regalia” table to pick up.
- High School Senior Graduate: If you are a graduating high school senior, you will receive a stole at check-in to wear with your academic regalia.
- Honors Graduate (Cumulative GPA of 3.75+): If your cumulative GPA is 3.75 or higher, you will receive a gold tassel and medallion at the time of check-in to wear with your academic regalia.
- Honors Program: If you are a confirmed graduate in the Honors Program, you will receive your red tassel and cord at the time of check-in to wear with your academic regalia.
- Military/Veteran Gradate: If you are an active-duty military or veteran student, a stole will be available for you at check-in to wear with your academic regalia.
- Phi Theta Kappa Honor Society (PTK): If you are a confirmed PTK graduate, you will receive a PTK stole at the time of check-in to wear with your academic regalia.
- Promise Grant: If you are a Promise Grant Graduate you will receive a Promise stole at the time of check-in to wear with your academic regalia.
- Umoja: If you are an Umoja graduate you will receive a Umoja stole at the time of check-in to wear with your academic regalia.
Eastern Sierra Commencement Ceremony
If you are an Inyo/Mono county area graduate and have indicated to Greg Kost that you will be attending, please check your student email for information, directions, etc. which will be sent in early April. In the meantime, if you have any inquiries, please email Greg Kost.
When: Friday, May 5, 2023
Time: 5:30 pm*
Where: Eastern Sierra College Center | Bishop Campus
* Graduates, please arrive by 4:30pm
IWV Graduate RSVP
If you are a Ridgecrest, Lake Isabella, Tehachapi, Online, or surrounding area graduate, please let us know if you will participate in the 2023 Cerro Coso Commencement Ceremony! We ask graduates to submit their online RSVP by Tuesday, May 9, 2023. A graduate RSVP is required to participate in the commencement ceremony, so don't delay and let us know you plan on attending.
For further assistance, please contact email@example.com.