Job Skills Certificates are short-term awards that give you the knowledge and training
to enter a specialized career field in a short period of time.
Cerro Coso offers two job skills certificates.
Job Skills Certificates
Emergency Medical Technology Certificate
- Trains students in emergency medical technology.
- Prepares students for an entry level position in diverse health-related and safety-related
- Classes needed for this certificate are available in Ridgecrest/IWV, Tehachapi, Lake Isabella (KRV), and ESCC Bishop & Mammoth Lakes.
View Emergency Medical Technology Certificate
Private & Proprietary Security Certificate
- Designed for students pursuing employment as a registered security guard or private
- Follows the standards prescribed by section 7583.6(b) of the Business and Professions
- Provides the student with the required 40 hours of training for state licensure as
a Security Guard through the Bureau of Security and Investigative Services
- Includes the state mandated licensure exam.
View Private & Proprietary Security Certificate
Current and prospective community college students are encouraged to meet with a counselor to develop an educational plan that best meets their goals and needs.
Not sure where to start?
If you are a current student, sign up for Navigate to explore academic programs and career paths. If you are not a current student,
apply now and discover all the transfer and workforce possibilities awaiting you at Cerro Coso