Students trying to register for classes that are closed will be able to select Waitlist as an option. During the weeks prior to the start of classes, as vacancies occur in classes, the first student(s) on the waitlist will be moved into the class.
Students should use the waitlist to ensure themselves a chance of getting into the classes they want. Students may drop themselves from a waitlist at any time.
- After you have attempted to register for a class and received a Registration Add Errors notice, use the Action menu to add yourself to the waitlist.
- Pick the Waitlist option from the drop down menu and click "Submit Changes".
- You will be taken to your Current Schedule, which will list where you are on the waitlist. Click "Complete Registration" to finish the process.
- You will be notified via your official @email.cerrocoso.edu email address when you are moved off the waitlist and into the class.
You MUST show up on the first day of class if you are registered for the class or if you are on the waitlist. If you DO NOT attend the first class meeting, you will be DROPPED from the class or the waitlist.
If you are registered for an online class you MUST login by 8:00 PM on the first day of an online class or you will be DROPPED from the class. If you are on a waiting list for a class, you WILL NOT be able to access that class until you have been registered into it from the waiting list.
You will be notified via your college assigned email account if you are moved from a waitlist into a class. You will not be notified any other way. It is very important for you to check this account regularly. For more information about your college assigned email, see the Student Email FAQ .
Payment of fees
- Make sure to pay your fees or that your fee waiver has been set up by Financial Aid or Admissions and Records and is in the system otherwise you will be dropped 10 days from registering for the class.
- Students will not be charged the enrollment fees for waitlist classes until they are actually enrolled in the class.
- Check your status frequently online so that you know when you are moved into a class.
Monitoring your waitlist status
- You will only be notified via your Cerro Coso assigned email when you are moved from a waitlist into a class.
- It is important to check your Cerro Coso assigned email regularly and/or monitor your waitlist status, so that you know when you have been moved from the waitlist into a class. You can monitor your waitlist status by logging into insideCC , going to the student tab, and looking under Add/Drop Classes.
- It is also important to be realistic about your chances of being added to a class. If, based on your status on the waitlist, it is unlikely that you will be added to the class, you should consider registering in an alternative class. Contact counseling for assistance when you have questions about your chances of being added into a class.
Things to remember
- The prerequisite, basic skills, time conflict, updates and repeat checks will prevent you from getting on a waitlist, just as they would prevent you from registering for the classes.
- Registration is the point that you are rolled into a class from the waitlist list.
- If you have opted to be placed on a waitlist for an onsite class, you MUST attend the first meeting of the class or you will be dropped from the waitlist.
- Classes for which you are waitlisted will appear on your schedule with a registration status of "WL." When you are moved into the class, the registration status will change to "RE."
- You will not be able to register for one section of a class and get on the waitlist for another section. You will not be able to register for a class at a specific time and get on the waitlist for another class at the same time.
- You will be able to drop yourself from a waitlist at any time. Drop yourself from a waitlist, if you decide you do not want to be registered for the class.
- Waitlisted classes will count in the 19 total units that you may enroll in each semester.
- When new sections of a class at the same day and time are opened, if you are on the waitlist, you will be moved into that section.