EXTRA! EXTRA! READ ALL ABOUT IT!
CHANGES IN BOARD OF GOVERNOR’S FEE WAIVER
Fall 2016 BOG Fee Waiver Changes
Once you’ve qualified for the BOG Fee Waiver, it is important to ensure that you are meeting the academic and progress standards in order to avoid losing the fee waiver.
- Academic – Sustain a GPA of 2.0 or higher
- If your cumulative GPA falls below 2.0 for two (2) consecutive primary terms (fall and spring semesters are primary terms AT CC) you may lose your fee waiver eligibility
- Progress – Complete more than 50% of your coursework
- If the cumulative number of courses you successfully complete falls below 50% in two (2) consecutive primary terms (fall and spring semesters are primary terms at CC) you may lose your fee waiver eligibility.
- Combination of Academic and Progress Standards
- Any combination of two consecutive terms of cumulative GPA below 2.0 and/or cumulative course completion less than 50% may result in loss of fee waiver eligibility.
You will be notified within 30 days of the end of each term if you are being placed on either Academic (GPA) and/or Progress (Course Completion) probation. Your notification will include the information that a second term of probation will result in loss of fee waiver eligibility. After the second consecutive term of probation, you may lose eligibility for the fee waiver at your next registration opportunity.
The Board of Governors Enrollment Fee Waiver (BOGW) is available to California residents who meet eligibility requirements.
Methods and Qualifications
To qualify for a BOGW under method A:
Students or their parent(s) must be currently receiving TANF/ Cal WORKS, SSI/SSP, General Assistance or have certification from the California Department of Veterans Affairs or the recipient. To receive a BOGW "A" the student is responsible for showing proof of his or her current benefits.
To qualify for a BOGW under method B:
Students and/or their parent(s) must meet household size and income state-assigned criteria.
To qualify for a BOGW under method C:
Students who do not qualify under methods A or B must do the following:
- Apply online at www.fafsa.ed.gov
- Print out the confirmation page with your assigned (EFC) number.
- Submit confirmation page to the Financial Aid and Scholarships Office.
The BOGW form is available below. Make sure to use the form for the correct academic year.
2015-2016 School Year
2016-2017 School Year
Mail BOGW Fee Waiver to:
Financial Aid & Scholarships Office
Cerro Coso Community College
3000 College Heights Blvd.
Ridgecrest, CA 93555