A proctored assessment test is a supervised exam. Students are responsible for arranging for a proctor to supervise the assessment test. All proctors must be approved by the counseling department 2 weeks prior to taking the assessment test.
- Is employed by an educational institution
- Is familiar with accepted practices for administering standardized tests
- Has no vested interest in the student's scores
- Is not related to the student
The proctor may be a school principal or administrator, counselor, certified librarian, military educator, teacher, or test administrator at a testing office of a community college or university. Relatives, no matter what their position, may not serve as a proctor. Proctors usually will supervise exams without charge. However, any charge will be the responsibility of the student.
Procedure for a Proctored Exam
The necessary steps for taking a proctored assessment test are outlined below:
- Submit the Proctor Approval Form at the bottom of this page.
- Once the College has received the submitted Proctor Approval form, a Proctor Security Agreement will be emailed directly to the proctor. This agreement must be filled out by the proctor and faxed or mailed back with the proctor's signature.
- Once the College has received the security agreement, the instructions for the test will be emailed to the proctor and the test can be taken at the scheduled time and date.
- The approved proctor will administer the test in a secure environment, will be present throughout the testing session(s), and verify the identification of the student by the use of a picture ID issued by a state or federal agency. (Driver's License, Passport, Military ID)
- Noncompliance will invalidate the assessment test.
Proctor Approval Form
To request to take ACCUPLACER® online as a proctored assessment test, please fill out the following form. Please note: You must have an application for admission filed prior to submitting this request.
Please fill out all of the information on this form. Incomplete forms will not be accepted.