Job Development Services
About Our Services
The Career Center is a place to find out information about job development skills and employment options. The center is available to all Cerro Coso prospective, current, and alumni students. Our goal as the Career Center is to provide students with career planning and job development skills.
For Students with career needs:
Our services, located in the Career/Transfer Center, Room 224, are open to all students and visitors from the community and include:
- Finding a job YOU want
- Resume writing
- Job interview skills
- Interview role-playing
- Career planning
- Job search
- Getting you in touch with part-time, full-time, temporary, permanent, or summer employment opportunities
Please contact the staff at your extension office to determine the local availability of career counseling activities available to you.
Work Study Positions
Work Study positions are for financial aid qualified students only. Apply for current work study positions . The job development specialist will contact you for more information.
- Child Development Center Student Worker
- Assisting staff with the supervision of pre-school aged children. Duties include, but are not limited to overseeing play and learning activities, cleaning, kitchen work, and clerical duties.
- Positions available at Ridgecrest/IWV campus only.
Current Job Openings in the Community
Also check indeed.com for local listings.
- Open Jobs at China Lake NWS
- Automotive Worker, Bartender/Bartender Helper, Cashier, CYP Program Assistant, Custodial Worker, Food Service Worker/Waiter/Waitress, Laborer and Greenskeeper, Motor Vehicle Operator, Recreation Aid. See the Job Development Specialist in the Career Center, Ridgecrest Campus Main Bldg Rm 224, for job descriptions and applications.
- Software Developer, for INQU LLC Edwards, CA
- The company is currently looking for a Software Engineer Computer Scientist (Full and Part-Time) (Junior and Journeyman grade positions, 5-15 Years). More information can be found on their website. They are looking for candidates who possess strong skills and are eager to gain on the job experience and would consider looking for interns as well who could work and attend school. Contact Sandi DeMarco via email or call 661-276-3022.
- Ridgecrest Regional Hospital
- Patient Access Rep / Medical Assistant-Urgent Care. Apply Online
- Business Analyst at ITHOPPERS
- The Business Analyst operates under general or minimum supervision, and performs duties with broad latitude for judgment. Incumbents independently perform business process analysis; comparison of same to court case management systems and/or other desired states; document, recommend, and make process and configuration changes to one or more operating functions and/or case management systems; and perform strategic business analysis to support court management and judicial officers. The main role of this position would be helping businesses implement technology solutions in a cost-effective way by determining the requirements of a project or program, and communicating them clearly to all stakeholders, facilitators and partners. Applicants can email their resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Kmart Office Associate
- Associates are responsible for assisting in all office functions including general office and cash office procedures. Some essential duties include reviewing Selling Price and Unit Adjustments, unit integrity, invoice accuracy, shipment logs, invoice register reports, reconciling daily cash and printing reports as directed. Apply Online
- Applications must be processed through our website. Location is Ridgecrest, CA 93555. Any questions, comments or concerns about applications can be forwarded to Sadie Weiler HR Representative at (760) 446-6591. This position is opened as an Office Assistant, and will be working in our cash office as priority. Education/Experience in business and / or accounting is preferred but not required.
- Sales Assistant, Buck Owens Production Company
- Support sales and marketing managers by tracking, investigating, and reporting sales information, and resolving problems. Should have a strong interest in media business. Must have the following office skills: Data Entry, Administrative Writing, Customer Focus, Organized, Efficient, Attention to Detail, Professionalism, Outgoing, Proficient in Mac and PC, Team Player. Send resume to email@example.com or mail to: Buck Owens Production, Inc., 3223 Sillect Ave., Bakersfield, CA 93308.
- Home Lumber Company, Bishop CA
- Need one person for general Back Office Help, some General bookkeeping and Retail experience needed. Person needs good communication skills, some inventory procedures and must be familiar with computers but will train. 20-30 hours per week P/T. Rate of pay: flexible with experience.
- Please call Trisha Smith at 760-873-6379 if interested in applying for this position. Home Lumber Company, 1130 N. Main St., Bishop Ca, 93514.
- California Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation
- The CDCR is recruiting for thousands of positions. Minimum qualifications: 21 years old, US Citizen (or applied), no felony convictions, US High School diploma or GED, History of law abiding behavior. Monthly salary ranges from $3,050 while at the academy, to $3,774-$6,389 after the academy. Apply Online
Cerro Coso also offers online career services through several different websites. The following are just a few:
- O*NET Interest Profiler: Take the 60 questions relating to work activities that people do at their jobs. Would you enjoy doing that sort of work? When doing an interest inventory just answer if you would enjoy that sort of work; not if you have the current education and/or training to do the job.
- Wondering how to connect majors to careers? Click on MAJORS of interest to see outlines of common career areas: http://whatcanidowiththismajor.com/major/
SCEP has changed to PATHWAYS
For students and recent graduates to federal careers!
This program is designed to provide students enrolled in a wide variety of education institutions, from high school to graduate level, with opportunities to work in agencies and explore Federal careers while still in school and while getting paid for the work performed. Students who successfully complete the program may be eligible for conversion to a permanent job in the civil service. Interns may be converted to a permanent position within 120 days of successful completion of the program. Addition information can be found at: https://www.usajobs.gov/studentsandgrads .
For Employers with recruiting needs:
Our services are available to businesses in the IWV community and extension locations. You may be eligible to hire a CalWORKs student and receive financial assistance with your employment costs. Please call (760) 384-6276 or fill out our Employer Recruiting Info form to discuss our helping you with your recruiting needs.
Cerro Coso also holds an annual Career Exploration Day early in the Fall semester.