Career Exploration Day 2017!
Cerro Coso will be holding our annual Career Exploration Day TOMORROW, Thursday, September 21, 2017 from 10:00am – 1:00pm! Veterans will be given priority access to participating organizations from 8:30am – 9:30am. Go to the gym with your resume in hand to speak with a number of the largest employers in the area!
Below is the final list of employers who will be participating in Career Exploration Day 2017:
- Alta One Federal Credit Union
- Arcata Associates
- Bishop Care Center
- Bureau of Land Management
- California Psychcare
- Cerro Coso Community College
- Continental Labor and Staffing
- Desert Area Resource and Training
- Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University
- Historical Society of the Upper Mojave Desert
- Inyo National Forest Service
- Kern County Fire Dept.
- Liberty Ambulance
- National University
- Navy Federal Credit Union
- New Directions Technology, Inc.
- Ridgecrest Police Department
- Ridgecrest Regional Hospital
- Rio Tinto Borates
- Sierra Sands Unified School District
- Snow Orthodontics
- Synectic Solutions Inc.
- United States Army
- United States Navy
- VCA Crestwood Animal Hospital
Last minute resume assistance is available by contacting Ashlin Mattos, Job Development Specialist, by phone at (760) 382-8036 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Job Development Services
The Career Center at Cerro Coso Community College is here to help all members of the community become aware of the many employment options available to them. Through a variety of career services, our goal is not only to provide an optimal employment experience, but also to encourage sustainable employment techniques.
For Individuals with career needs:
Our services are open to all students and visitors from the community and include:
- Linking academic majors to employment options
- Career development
- Job search skills
- Resume writing
- Employment interview skills
- Employment, internship and apprentice opportunities
Feel free to visit the Career Center and utilize the many resources available to you today!
The Career Center is currently located at the Ridgecrest/IWV Main Campus, West Village Modular #2 (Access Programs).
For Employers with recruiting needs:
Cerro Coso holds a Career Exploration Day every year during the Fall semester.
Career Development services are here not only for students, but are also here for employers to have optimal employment and placement experiences.
Our services are available to businesses in the Indian Wells Valley community and extension locations. You may be eligible to hire a CalWORKs student and receive financial assistance with your employment costs. Please fill out our Employer Recruiting Info form or call (760) 384-6128 to discuss your recruiting needs in more detail.