The High Tech Center is a computer training center designed to train individuals with disabilities to use assistive technologies. It was established to facilitate computer access for the disabled students of Cerro Coso Community College, with goal of empowering disabled students to achieve academic success and prepare themselves for educational and employment opportunities in the future. All disabled students who are accepted into DSPS program are eligible to use the High Tech Center.
The High Tech Center:
- provides assistive technology training with a variety of software and hardware for faculty, staff, and student.
- assists DSPS students to access information and resource needed for class by using adaptive technology devices.
- releases the latest news periodically on assistive technology or its related areas.
- would like to provide any assistive technology related information you are of interest.
Monday through Thursday: 7:30am to 5:30pm
Friday: 8:00am to 12:00pm
All DSPS students are eligible for using assistive technology software and hardware in the HTC lab. Questions regarding eligibility should be directed to the High Tech Center.
- Staff on duty monitors the use of all equipment in the High Tech Center.
- Computer workstations and assistive technology equipments are available on first-come, first-served basis unless you have scheduled time on a computer.
- If you have scheduled computer time, be prompt. If you are more than 15 minutes late, you may lose your scheduled time for that day.
- Students are not allowed to take food and/or drink into High Tech Center lab.
- The lab telephone is for college business only.
- Please report any malfunction of equipment to the lab assistant on duty and do not attempt to correct equipment malfunctions by yourself.
- Game playing is not allowed.
- Copying college software is a violation of federal copyright laws.
- You may not load your own software on college computers.
- The High Tech Center may not be used for business or private activities.
- Children are not allowed in the High Tech Center at any time.
- The High Tech Center staff will be happy to answer any questions you may have about how to access and use assistive technology. Specific questions about class assignments should be addressed to your instructor. The staff is here to assist you in completing your project or assignment by using assistive technology, not do them for you.
- High Tech Center lab time is 7:30am to 5:30pm Monday through Thursday, and 8:00am to 12:00pm on Friday. Summer Schedule is 7:00AM to 6:00PM Monday through Thursday, Friday closed.