Welcome to the Cooperative Agencies and Resources for Education (CARE) at the Ridgecrest/IWV, Kern River Valley (KRV), and Eastern Sierra (ESCC) campuses. The CARE program is available to EOPS students that are single head of household receiving AFDC. The program collaborates with agencies in the community and CalWORK's program to advance development in self responsibility and advocacy to accomplish career and life goals for single parents.
- Accepted into the EOPS program
- Single Parent and head of household
- On AFDC with a Passport to Services (parent or child)
- 1 child under 18 at acceptance into program
Services that are available
- Additional grants based on funding
- Childcare Allowance
- Meal tickets
- Supplemental books and supplies
- Club Activities
How do I apply:
Complete an EOPS application. CARE eligibility is determined through this application and you must also submit a copy of your Passport To Services to the Access Programs Office. (IWV campus MB 215 and KRV campus Rm 3).
You must complete the following steps each Semester to remain compliant with EOPS:
- Have at least three contacts (2 must be with a counselor)
- Your Educational Plan completed by the end of the first semester and then updated each semester with your EOPS Counselor
- Progress Reports turned in to your ACCESS Assistant or Counselor
- Enrolled in 6 Units or more (at least one course must be on campus)
- Reside in the Cerro Coso Community College service area
- Maintain a GPA of 2.0 each semester and complete 50% of Units attempted
- Attend at least two Program Activities (one activity MUST be a CARE Activity for CARE students)
- Complete COUN C101 or PDEV C101
Non-compliance with your EOPS requirements may result in termination of your EOPS services.