Student Government Offices
- Shall chair all meetings of the General Body and Executive Board in accordance with the most current edition of Robert’s Rules of Order.
- Shall, in conjunction with the advisor, call the meetings, set the agenda, and notify the executive board, as needed.
- Shall serve as the official spokesperson for the Cerro Coso Students for Regional and State endeavors unless otherwise delegated by the President.
- Shall, as deemed appropriate and in accordance with the Brown Act, have the authority to call special and emergency meetings.
- Shall work with the Finance Manager to ensure that the SGCC adheres to the District Policy on Finances.
- Must serve on college council or appoint a designee.
- Appoint Time Keeper and Parliamentarian as needed.
- Shall serve as president in his/her absence.
- Shall attend Academic Senate Committee and other college level committees as needed.
- Shall attend all Executive Board, Senate, and General Session meetings.
- The Vice President chairs Senate meetings. In the Vice President’s absence, a designee will chair Senate meetings.
- The Vice President is responsible for tracking and maintaining the list of senators on college level committees.
- Shall, as deemed appropriate and in accordance with the Brown Act, have the authority to call special and emergency Senate meetings.
- Shall be responsible for the taking of accurate minutes of General Body and Executive Board meetings.
- Shall maintain a complete and accurate file of all SGCC records and documents.
- Shall work with the President to draft SGCC Executive Board and General Body meeting agendas.
- Shall conduct a roll call and keep an accurate attendance record for Executive Board and General Body meetings.
- The Secretary will provide the minutes to the Student Advisor and the President no later than forty-eight hours after each meeting.
- Will chair and head the ICC (Inter Club Council as defined by Article VI, Section 3 in the constitution).
- Shall make certain that every event is following college policy, Student Government expectations, and is not breaking any laws.
- Shall make certain that the proper paperwork for the Executive Board and Senate events are filled out and submitted to the proper authorities.
- Will bring all club events to the Executive Board for review and approval.
- Shall document and report on all Executive Board and Senate events by providing a form which details the process which we took and how we can improve.
- The Event Coordinator is not obligated to plan every detail of the events unless he or she is the Event Chair or unless there is no appointed Event Chair or club equivalent for club events.
- Shall attend all Executive Board, Inter Club Council, and General meetings.
- If the Event Coordinator cannot attend any of the Inter Club Council meetings, the Vice President will inherit the role of Chair of the meeting for that session.
- Shall be responsible for getting fund approvals moved, signed, and documented.
- Shall turn in necessary documents to the business office.
- Shall receive monthly reports from the business office.
- Shall be responsible for establishing rules and procedures for expending and receiving funds and remaining within budget
- Shall report to the Student Government twice every academic year.
- Shall be responsible for working with the President to communicate the official positions of the SGCC.
- Shall perform other verbal communication functions, as deemed necessary by the President.
- Shall perform other technical communication functions, as deemed necessary by the President.
- Shall keep a record of all material, electronic or otherwise, for at least one year.
- Shall be responsible for disseminating agendas and other SGCC materials.
- Shall be responsible for working with the President to ensure that the posting of SGCC agendas is in accordance with the Brown Act.
- Shall be responsible for coordinating the updating and maintenance the SGCC websites and social media.
- Shall be responsible for creating and maintaining the SGCC group e-mail account.