Seven reasons to learn French today:
- Learning French is the pleasure of learning a beautiful, rich, melodious language, often called the language of love.
- More than 220 million people speak French on the five continents.
- After English and German, French is the third most widely used language on the Internet, ahead of Spanish.
- French is the second most widely learned foreign language after English, and the sixth most widely spoken language in the world.
- French is also the only language, alongside English, that is taught in every country in the world.
- Speaking French opens up study opportunities at renowned French universities and business schools, ranked among the top higher education institutions in Europe and the world.
- French is an analytical language that structures thought and develops critical thinking, which is a valuable skill for discussions and negotiations.
Sign up for FREN C101, Elementary French, today. The class is offered entirely online, starting June 5 for the summer (CRN 50676) and August 21 for the fall (CRN 70620). The instructor is Pamela Poole.