What are eBooks?
eBooks are electronic versions of print books. Like print books, the text found in eBooks is often enriched with photos, illustrations, graphs and tables. eBooks are easy to use. Searching them is fast and efficient. Users can easily search for specific passages or words in ways not possible in print. Plus, each eBook is embedded with a dictionary and citation guide. eBooks are available through any internet connection 24 hours a day, 7 days a week for registered Cerro Coso students.
- eBooks can be found through the Cerro Coso Library catalog. They can be recognized by the green “Available Online” link below the title. Click on the title to access the bibliographic record for that title.
- If you are on campus, clicking “Available Online” will take you directly to the eBook.
- If you are off-campus, clicking “Available Online” will take you to a login screen, where you will need to enter your full Cerro Coso email address and password.
- Click on a "Full Text" icon on the left side of the page to open the book.
If you are experiencing trouble gaining access to eBooks, please see Connect from Off-Campus.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Must I be connected to the Internet to access EBSCO's ebook titles?
- Yes. To browse and view your library's eBook collection, you must be online. At this time we are unable to provide access to our eBook collection through an eReader (Kindle, Nook, etc.).
- Can I print an eBook?
- You can print individual pages of library eBooks. How many pages you may print will depend on the publisher permissions.
- Can I download an eBook?
- While generally not recommended, eBooks can be downloaded one at a time for a 24 hour period. Please view the eBook Download Tutorial if you need assistance with this process.
- Who do I contact if I need more information?
- Staff at Cerro Coso Community College Library can answer your questions about using eBooks. Don’t hesitate to Contact Us