What are eBooks?
eBooks are electronic versions of print books. Like print books, the text found in eBooks is often enriched with photos, illustrations, graphs and tables. eBooks are easy to use. Searching them is fast and efficient. Users can easily search for specific passages or words in ways not possible in print. Plus, each eBook is embedded with a dictionary and citation guide. eBooks are available from any campus computer during operating hours or through any internet connection 24 hours a day, 7 days a week for registered Cerro Coso students. For more information, see Online Resource Access
- eBooks can be found through the Cerro Coso Library catalog. They can be recognized by "[electronic resource]" or "[computer file]" in the title line, and "eBook collection" under Collection. Click on the title to access the item record for that title.
- Once you are in the item record for an e-book title, click the link that reads "An electronic book accessible through the World Wide Web. Click here for access." This will prompt the log-in page.
- On the log-in page, enter your ID number [College-generated ID including the @ symbol and any zeros] in the box.
- Click on "eBook Full Text" on the left side of the page to open the book.
If you are experiencing trouble gaining access to eBooks, please see Online Resource Access
Frequently Asked Questions
- Must I be connected to the Internet to access EBSCO's ebook titles?
- Yes. To browse and view your library's eBook collection, you must be online. At this time we are unable to provide access to our eBook collection through an eReader (Kindle, Nook, etc.).
- Can I print an eBook?
- You can print single pages of an eBook, or a series of pages.
- Can I download an eBook?
- At this time, Cerro Coso eBooks are unable to be downloaded.
- Who do I contact if I need more information?
- Staff at Cerro Coso Community College Library can answer your questions about using eBooks. Need help over the telephone? Call Cerro Coso Community College Library at (760) 384-6131