GED Preparation Course
Prep for the GED Exam is an open-enrollment course, meaning it can be added any time in the semester, as late as week 10. The course is facilitated through online learning software called PLATO and is accessible entirely online. The course is a go-at-your-own pace course. Study more, learn more, and pass the GED Exam. EDUC C005 – Preparation for the GED Exam is offered every Fall and Spring semester for FREE.
To add EDUC C005 and begin studying:
- Complete the college application. Take note of your:
- email address (email@example.com
- student ID number (@00######)
- Visit your student portal
- Click the tab at the top left that says “MyBanWeb” and Select “Add or Drop Classes”.
- Select the appropriate semester.
- Fall begins in August and the last date to enroll is in November.
- Spring begins in January and the last date to enroll is in April.
- Add EDUC C005 – Preparation for the GED Exam.
- Once the course has been added, you will see it in your portal under “My Courses”. There may be a lag time for this course to be added to your portal.
- When you see the course, click it. You will be directed to our online learning platform, Canvas.
- Once in Canvas, watch the video and follow the directions on the home screen.
GED Testing Information
The GED Exam is offered at numerous locations, including Cerro Coso Community College.
To enroll to take the exam:
- Register to take the exam at https://pearsonvue.com/
- Type GED in the box provided and select GED Test
- If you do not already have an account, create one.
- Click the button stating that you understand the passing score of 145.
- Finally, Click the “schedule test” tab at the top of the screen and answer the subsequent questions.
- Select the test(s) you would like to take. The testing facility in Ridgecrest is only open during 4-hour blocks of time. So use the following guide to decide which tests to take. I suggest taking one test at a time so that you have less to study prior to your test day. Due to limitations in the testing facility at Cerro Coso in Ridgecrest, the following test combinations are possible if taking the exam at Cerro Coso
- Science and Social studies
- Social Studies and Mathematical Reasoning
- Mathematical Reasoning and Science
- Reasoning Through Language Arts and Social Studies
- Any of these exams can be taken individually
- Select Cerro Coso Community College as your testing site.
- Select the date and time that you would like to take the exam(s)