Kern River Valley Campus closed June 27 to July 1 due to the Erskine Fire. Student Assistance Hotline at 760-384-6204
Student Learning Outcomes
The Accrediting Commission expects all accredited institutions to be at the Proficiency Level in Student Learning Outcomes by fall 2012. This level is defined in Commission rubrics that give institutional members, evaluators, and the Commission a common language to use in describing an institution's practices. To be at the Proficiency Level in Student Learning Outcomes, the college must demonstrate:
- Student learning outcomes and authentic assessments are in place for courses, programs, support services, certificates and degrees.
- There is widespread institutional dialogue about the results of assessment and identification of gaps.
- Decision-making includes dialogue on the results of assessment and is purposefully directed toward aligning institution-wide practices to support and improve student learning.
- Appropriate resources continue to be allocated and fine-tuned.
- Comprehensive assessment reports exist and are completed and updated on a regular basis.
- Course student learning outcomes are aligned with degree student learning outcomes.
- Students demonstrate awareness of goals and purposes of courses and programs in which they are enrolled.