New Students: You're considered a new student if you've never taken classes at Cerro Coso Community College. New students, regardless of their educational background and goal, must apply for admission. If you need financial assistance, apply for financial aid - you'll be given an opportunity to apply via the FAFSA website at the end of this application.
Returning Students: Returning students are those who have previously attended Cerro Coso Community College but have missed two or more semesters. Returning students must apply for admission.
High School Seniors: If you are a senior in High School and are currently taking classes at Cerro Coso College, and plan on continuing to take classes for the next semester at CC, you MUST reapply to Cerro Coso College as a “First Time College student” during the second half of your senior year. Select high school graduate even though you won't graduate for a few months.
High School Students (below the 12th grade): High School students seeking to enroll in advanced scholastic or vocational coursework not available at the high school may be eligible to attend Cerro Coso Community College. Students enrolled in K-12 may use the online application, but must submit a Concurrent Enrollment Form before registering for classes.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is CCC Apply?
California has created an application that will be used by all California Community Colleges. It is called CCC Apply. KCCD (Kern Community College District) is using this application beginning with the Summer/Fall 2016 enrollment. At that time, campus websites will direct students applying for summer and fall to the new application.
- What process should I go through to apply to your college?
- Visit our web page, read the instructions about applying
- Click on an application link and be taken to CCCApply
- Create an OpenCCC account
- Submit an application to our college
- At the end of the CCCApply application, there is a "Sign Out & Finish" button that will take you back to our website. If you do not click this button, you should receive an email shortly after you apply with a link to create a college account.
- By clicking on the "Sign Out & Finish" or the link you receive in the email, you'll see a form where you can choose your college-assigned email and password. Once this is done, you have access to our systems.
- Admissions Application Instructions
- What happens if I didn't click "Sign Out & Finish" and didn't get an email?
If you didn't get an email, you may have entered an incorrect email address into the application or the email could be in your email's SPAM folder. You can go to the Application Lookup link at https://ssb-prod.ec.kccd.edu/cccapply/#/cccapply/lookup where you can enter your Last Name, Last 4 of your SSN and Date of Birth to get back to step 6 (see the question above for steps).
- What happens if the Application Lookup link doesn't work?
This may mean that you didn't finish your application or that there's a typo in your last name, SSN, or date of birth. You can contact Admissions and Records for more help.
- I'm having difficulty filling out the CCCApply application, and it looks like a technical error. What should I do?
CCCApply has a 24/7/365 student help desk.