Student access to CC Online courses is available on the Friday by noon prior to the class start date. The start dates for summer classes vary. Check the Schedule of Classes for the start date of your class. Spring 2021 late start courses vary. Review the schedule for a list of late start courses. You must log in to your class before 8pm Pacific time on the start date or you will be dropped.
Preparing for Your Online Class
Use the appropriate link for your login:
- Cerro Coso Students
- InsideCC for students with the @email.cerrocoso.edu email address
- Bakersfield Students
- insideBC for students with the @email.bakersfieldcollege.edu email address
- Porterville Students
- insidePC for students with the @email.portervillecollege.edu email address
Please complete the Online Student Preparedness session prior to the first day of class if you have never completed the session before. This is a session on how to succeed in your online course and typically takes 45 minutes to complete.
Check Your Computer
Take a Computer Readiness Test
Online Student Responsibility
Students must log in to their CCOnline course enrollment before 8 P.M. PST of class start date. Failure to do so will result in an automatic drop from the course to make room for the next person on the class waiting list.
- Log in to your InsideCC, InsideBC or InsidePC account.
- Go to the "My Courses" section.
- Select the course you would like to confirm your enrollment by clicking on the course name.
- You are officially signed in to the course when your CCOnline course appears on your computer screen.
Waitlisted Students: After 8 P.M. PST of class start date, waitlisted students are automatically registered for the course if class seats become available. Students must confirm course registration and enrollment within two days or they will be dropped.
Technical Support and Requirements
Online students who experience any difficulty logging on to a course, accessing course materials, or who have any other technical questions should contact technical support.
Help Desk and Tech Support is open 24 Hours a Day, 7 Days a Week. Call 877-382-3508 or go to the support website
Distance Education Office is open Monday through Thursday from 7:30am-5:30pm and on Friday from 8:00am-12:00pm. Call 760-384-6115.
Take a Computer Readiness Test
- Use a computer 5 years old or newer when possible
- Computer, either a Macintosh or IBM compatible
- 1GB of RAM or more
- 2GHz processor or faster
- Printer (recommended)
- Microsoft Windows 7, or higher
- Mac OS X 10.6 or higher
- Linux ChromeOS
- Internet Speed
- Minimum of 512kbps
- See Canvas Browser Requirements for the latest recommendations
- Chrome 83 and 84, Firefox 77 and 78 (Extended Releases are not supported), Edge 83 and 84 (Windows only), Safari 12 and 13 (Macintosh only) What is my browser?
- Internet browser set to accept cookies How to Enable Cookies
- Java Plugin How to Install Java
- Adobe Flash 17+ Is Flash Installed?
- Screen Readers
- Macintosh: VoiceOver (latest version for Safari)
- PC: JAWS (latest version for Internet Explorer)
- PC: NVDA (latest version for Firefox)
- Note: There is no screen reader support for Canvas in Chrome
- Additional Software
- Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.) or an Office suite compatible with Microsoft Office
- ConferZoom How to Login
- Canvas Student App for iOS and Android devices Video
- Pearson MyMathLab Student Support
- Cengage SAM How to Login
- Cengage Student Support
- McGraw-Hill Connect Student Support
- Proctorio Support for Test Takers
- Forwarding Email
- How to Forward Your Canvas Inbox Email
Quick Technical Guide
- Contact your Network Administrator if your company has firewalls that will not permit you access to the Canvas site.
- Contact the HelpDesk at support.kccd.edu or 877-382-3508 to reset your InsideCC, InsideBC or InsidePC account password.
- Access your Canvas online course from kccd.instructure.com if the InsideCC, InsideBC or InsidePC portal is down.
- Access Pronto at https://kccd.pronto.io if Canvas is down.