Is it your dream to become a nurse and work in the fastest growing career field?
Cerro Coso Community College offers you the opportunity to pursue your dream of becoming a licensed vocational nurse in 12 months after completion of your prerequisites. The opportunities for employment as an LVN include working in a hospital, long term care facility, physicians offices, clinics, home health agencies and hospice to name a few.
Cost of Program*
The accelerated licensed vocational nursing program will provide students with a fast track career pathway.
*Does not include cost of prerequisites
|Tuition ($46 x 44.5 units)
|Books / Kaplan
|TOTAL COST (over 12 months)
- HCRS C055 Certified Nursing Assistant
- PSYC C101 General Psychology
- HCRS C150 Medical Terminology
- CSCI C070 Computer Literacy
- BIOL C125 Survey of Anatomy and Physiology (this can be substituted for BIOL C251 plus BIOL C255)
Mandatory requirements for this C6 program include:
- Program application
- Program specific orientation
- Completion of program specific assessments
- Completion of all prerequisites with a grade of "C" or better
Steps to enroll in this program:
- Call and make an appointment with the counseling department:
- Ridgecrest - Kim Blackwell (760) 384-6219
- Lake Isabella - Reese Weltman (760) 379-5501
- Eastern Sierra College Center - Greg Kost (760) 872-5316
- Complete all prerequisites with a grade of "C" or better
- Complete application paperwork (these are available 9/15 to 10/31 for the January start*)
- Participation in lottery selection process
- Attend orientation
- Complete WorkKeys assessment
*Please note: Ridgecrest accepts applications every year. Lake Isabella and Eastern Sierra please check with counseling staff for program start dates and application information.
This revised and accelerated program is partially funded through a department of labor grant called the trade adjustment assistance community college and career training programs (TAACCCT).
- HCRS C100 Fundamentals Of Nursing (3 units)
- HCRS C103 Medical Surgical Nursing (3 units)
- HCRS C107 Basic Pharmacology (2 units)
- HCRS C113 Medical Surgical Nursing Lab I (6 units)
- HCRS C070 Healthcare Provider CPR (0.5 units)
(15 weeks - summer)
- HCRS C204 Medical Surgical Nursing II (9 units)
- HCRS C214 Medical Surgical Nursing Lab II (6 units)
- HCRS C205 Medical Surgical Nursing III (3.5 units)
- HCRS C206 Maternal/Child Nursing (3 units)
- HCRS C216 Maternal/Child Nursing Lab (3 units)
- HCRS C215 Medical Surgical Nursing Lab III (3 units)
- HCRS C207 Advanced Pharmacology (1 unit)
- HCRS C208 Critical Thinking And Leadership (1.5 units)
Additionally, one 3 unit elective course will also need to be completed.
- HCRS C230 Pharmacology for the Health Professiona (3 units)
- HCRS C240 Nutrition and Diet Therapy for Health Professionals (3 units)
- HCRS C250 Cultural Diversity and Health Care (3 units)
- HCRS C255 Basic Cardiac Rhythm Interpretation (3 units)
- HCRS C260 Ethics for the Health Professional (3 units)
Students will complete this program in 12 consecutive months and will be qualified to sit for state boards for LVN licensure.
This pathway of study is in response to community needs in Ridgecrest, Kern River Valley, East Kern, Bishop and Mammoth areas and is being funded through the TAACCCT Grant.