In Order to Qualify for Academic Year 2019-2020...
Reside within the Kern Community College District (KCCD) Service Area*
Be over the age of 18
Have attended one of the KCCD colleges (Bakersfield, Cerro Coso, or Porterville) and left in good standing
Be currently registered in 12 or more units at Cerro Coso
Minimum 2.0 GPA
Good student conduct standing
- education plan for completing an educational goal at Cerro Coso Community College.
Develop a comprehensive
Returning students do not need to submit transcripts. This requirement only applies to new students.
To Remain Eligible for Academic Year 2019-2020...
Maintain at least a 2.0 cumulative GPA
Complete 30 units per academic year
- outreach activities per academic semester
Complete 8 hours of
Maintain good student conduct standing
* Students attending the Bishop and Mammoth Lakes campuses of Cerro Coso Community College should apply for the Inyo or Mono Promises.
Conditions of Acceptance
- Student Education Plan for completing a minimum of 30 units over the course of the academic year (fall, spring, summer)
Meet with a counselor/advisor and develop a
- Navigate student success program as a tool to register in 12 or more units at any of the Cerro Coso Community College campuses, including online (schedule of classes must follow 30 unit plan and be approved by a counselor)
Activate and use Cerro Coso's
Participate in eligible wrap-around services, such as EOPS, UMOJA, Peer Mentoring