Students who meet all of the criteria below will automatically qualify for the Cerro Coso Promise. To qualify, continuing students must:
- Be a current Cerro Coso Community College student in “Good Standing” both academically and in student conduct:
- Good Standing Academically—Student must have a minimum 2.0 Cumulative Grade Point Average and have completed a minimum of 50% of the units attempted
- Good Standing Student Conduct—Student must be free of any student conduct incidents that resulted in a warning or other sanction from Cerro Coso.
- Be currently registered in 12 or more units at Cerro Coso Community College
- Be a California resident or eligible via Dream Act/AB 540
- Reside within the Kern Community College District Service Area
Conditions of Acceptance
- Meet with a counselor/advisor and develop a Student Education Plan for completing a minimum of 30 units over the course of the academic year (fall, spring, summer)
- Activate and use Cerro Coso’s Navigate student success program as a tool to register in 12 or more units at any of the Cerro Coso Community College campuses, including online (schedule of classes must follow 30 unit plan and be approved by a counselor)
- Participate in eligible wrap-around services, such as EOPS, UMOJA, Peer Mentoring
- Complete 8 hours per semester of outreach activities through the Office of Outreach
- Make appropriate progress on or completion of the above requirements
- Develop a comprehensive education plan for completing an educational goal at Cerro Coso Community College
- Maintain Good Academic Standing (2.0 overall GPA and complete of at 67% of courses taken each semester)
- Maintain Good Student Conduct Standing
Students who do not meet GPA or academic or conduct standing requirements above can appeal for entrance into the Cerro Coso Promise Program. Appeal requirements are described in the application process. Please note, the residency requirements cannot be appealed.
Students attending the Bishop and Mammoth Lakes campuses of Cerro Coso Community College should apply for the Inyo or Mono Promises.