Scholarship Opportunities at Cerro Coso College
Scholarships are monies that you do not have to pay back and are based on criteria such as educational degree/majors, grade point average, or financial need. A variety of scholarships are available to our students. Applying for scholarships is easy. Remember, after every summer semester you will need to reapply.
The CCCC Foundation is committed to helping students succeed in college through its scholarship program. Fundraising events are held throughout the year to raise money for scholarships for Cerro Coso students.
Apply for all foundation scholarships at once by filling out the Scholarship Application and following the application instructions below. Each applicant will be screened for every scholarship. The amounts awarded are determined by the amounts donated throughout the year. The following Foundation Scholarships are available:
List of Foundation Scholarships
Click to see list.
- Theresa Allen Scholarship
- Tania Atkisson Scholarship
- Ted Bachman Memorial Health Careers Scholarship
- Eric Blackwell Memorial Scholarship
- Vivian Boultinghouse Scholarship
- Steven Paul Brown Memorial Scholarship
- Clyde Cherry Scholarship
- Pamela Coward Memorial Scholarship Deadline 4/19/2013
- Cox-Veatch Scholarship
- Bertha Wilson Cronin Scholarship
- Lonny A. Daniel Memorial Scholarship
- Frank Dickey Memorial Scholarship
- John Dunker Memorial Scholarship
- East Kern Youth Projects Scholarship
- Connie Farrel Memorial Nursing Scholarship
- Fire Mountain Foundation Scholarship
- Dr. Robert Gilmer Scholarship
- Golden Slipper Scholarship
- Golf Tournament Textbook Scholarship
- Ron Green Memorial Scholarship
- Halop Family Scholarship
- Myrlan 'Speed' Handeland Family Scholarship
- Ruby and Clyde Hartzell Scholarship
- Kielman Family Scholarship
- Don Kumferman Memorial Scholarship
- Dorothy P. Leet Memorial Scholarship
- H. P. Leet Memorial Scholarship
- Dick Malone Family Scholarship
- Raymond Marsh Scholarship
- Lorraine McClung Scholarship
- Raymond A. McCue Memorial Scholarship
- Bill Moore Memorial Scholarship
- Optimist Club Scholarship
- Ozanich Family Scholarship
- James M. Pearson Memorial Scholarship
- Magnus Pladson Scholarship
- Gilbert Plain Family Scholarship
- President's Scholarship
- Alice Ream Scholarship
- John 'Jack' Richer Memorial Scholarship
- Sam Schoenhals Engineering Scholarship
- Shrader Scholarship
- Richard J. Stenger Memorial Chemistry Scholarship
- Senator Walter Stiern Memorial Scholarship
- Walter Sulek Memorial Scholarship
- Judy A. Swansson Memorial Scholarship
- Jewell Thornberry Scholarship
- Dallas Tirk Memorial Scholarship
- John and Bobbie Ward Scholarship
- June Wasserman Scholarship
- Helen Weals Family Scholarship
- Bill Whitworth Memorial Scholarship
- Print out and complete the Cerro Coso Community College Scholarship Application.
- Submit two letters of recommendation from Counselors, Teachers or Employers.
- Write a statement of your educational goals.
- High school seniors or first semester students, please enclose a high school transcript along with your application.
- Mail your completed application to:
Cerro Coso Community College
Attn: Candace Cornett
3000 College Heights Blvd
Ridgecrest, CA 93555
The deadline for Fall 2013 Foundation scholarships is February 8, 2013.
- Jill Kinmont Indian Education Fund Scholarship
- The Jill Kinmont Indian Education Fund is awarding up to ten $1000 scholarships for the 2013-2014 school year to graduating Native American high school seniors, students who with to attend or are attending vocational schools or college, and students attending graduate school.
Persons applying for these awards must be of Paiute-Shoshone ancestry and reside in Inyo or Mono County. Applicants must include verification of tribal affiliation with their application. Transcripts must be submitted directly from the school's office where the applicant is presently attending or has attended. Do not delay requesting transcripts. All applications must include verification of tribal affiliation and official transcripts. Send all correspondence to: Jill Kinmont Indian Education Fund
310 Sunland Dr.
Bishop, CA 93514 Deadline for applying is Monday, May 6, 2013.
- Jacobs Technology Naval Systems Group Jack Hledic Memorial Scholarship
- For students who embody Naval Systems Group's commitment to education, a $1,000 scholarship will be awarded in the Ridgecrest, CA area. Mr. Hledik was the lead systems engineer for the Sparrow and Sea Sparrow weapons systems during their development at China Lake. Students applying for the scholarship must meet the following qualifications:
- Be pursuing a degree in the field of engineering, mathematics, physics, or a science field related to an engineering discipline,
- Have been named or enrolled as a full-time student at an accredited college or university for the school year following the application deadline,
- Have achieved one or more of the following academic standards: a minimum academic weighted 3.25 GPA, or composite score of 25 (of 36) on the ACT, or a score of 1150 (of 1600) on the SAT,
- Be a citizen of the United States of America,
- Have submitted an application; an essay paper answering a chosen question from a pool of four; an activities resume that defines school and community activities, achievements, and leadership skills; a letter of referencel a school transcript, and the student's SAT/ACT scores. These items should be submitted via email to email@example.com no later than Monday, May 10, 2013. Letters must be postmarked by May 8, 2013 5:00 PM Pacific Time or to the Jacobs Technology Naval Systems Group, 1550 North Norma, Ridgecrest, CA 93555, attention Rich Christensen. Letters must be postmarked by May 8, 2013. If you are electronically submitting your application, all attachments must be in Microsoft Office or Adobe Acrobat PDF formats. The application can be downloaded at http://www.jacobstechnology.com/nsg/.
Other Community Scholarships
- Ann Ruff Memorial Scholarship
- Kern Division Retired Teachers' Scholarship Association
- Altrusa International of the Indian Wells Valley
- Eastern Sierra Foundation
- Mammoth Lakes Foundation
- International Footprint Association Ernie Harris Ridgecrest Chapter 60 [DOC]
Outside Scholarships Opportunities
There are a variety of outside scholarships that are available to students from various businesses and organizations. The following websites may provide you with helpful information regarding scholarships. Please note, these sites are not part of Cerro Coso Community College; emails to these organizations will not go to Cerro Coso but rather the agency itself.
- Le Petit Soldat: For any student enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate degree program in the Fall 2012 or Spring 2013 semester at any accredited American college, university or institution of higher education. Applicants must email an essay of 500 words or more to LeScholarship@gmail.com See Le Petit Soldat for more information.
Deadline - May 15, 2013. Amount of Award - $1,000.
- B. Davis Scholarship: Discuss, in less than 1000 words, what you would consider to be the most important issue that society has to deal with in the next 10 or 20 years? Why do you think this issue so important?
Deadline - May 27, 2013. Amount of Award - $1,000.
- Fifth Month Scholarship 2013: ScholarshipExperts.com is now offering the Fifth Month Scholarship in 2013. One scholarship recipient will be chosen to receive a $1,500 scholarship
Deadline - May 31, 2013. Amount of Award - $1,500.
- Berkeley Achievement Award Program: Each year, highly qualified and community-minded students with a proven track record of academic success, gain admission to Berkeley but cannot afford to attend. The Achievement Award Program (TAAP) offers these students substantial scholarship funding and support services to provide the opportunity of a Berkeley education.
Deadline - June 1, 2013. (For Transfer Students) Amount of Award - Up to $6,000 per year and a laptop.
- Abbott and Fenner Scholarship Program: Abbott & Fenner Business Consultants are pleased to be able to continue with our scholarship program for the 6th year. We will be awarding up to $1,000 to the winner(s) each year. Students will submit an essay on the topic that appears on the scholarship page of our web site: http://www.abbottandfenner.com/scholarships.htm. Full details are available on our site.
Deadline - June 14, 2013. Amount of Award - $1,000.
- BigSun Scholarship: The BigSun Organization is proud to be able to continue to help young athletes succeed in their academic pursuits. We are offering an annual scholarship to a deserving student. All student athletes are eligible for this award, regardless of which sport they are participating in. The successful applicant will be a high school senior or be attending a post secondary institute and currently involved in some sport at that institution or in the community. Please visit our website at http://www.bigsunathletics.com to learn how to apply.
Deadline - June 21, 2013. Amount of Award - $500.
- Young Entrepreneur Scholarship: The Hayes Barnard-Paramount Equity Young Entrepreneur Scholarship, or The Y.E.S. Scholarship, gives future entrepreneurs the opportunity to develop their ideas through higher education.
Deadline - June 30, 2013. Amount of Award - $4,000.
- Do-Over Scholarship 2013: ScholarshipExperts.com is again offering the Do-Over Scholarship in 2013. One scholarship recipient will be chosen to receive a $1,500 scholarship
Deadline - June 30, 2013. Amount of Award - $1,500.
- CEO of Tomorrow Scholarship: As a source of information and inspiration for chief executives, CEO.com is interested in the success of not only the business leaders of today, but also the CEOs of tomorrow.
Deadline - July 1, 2013. Amount of Award - $2,500.
- Flavor of the Month Scholarship 2013: ScholarshipExperts.com is again offering the Flavor of the Month Scholarship in 2013. One scholarship recipient will be chosen to receive a $1,500 scholarship
Deadline - July 31, 2013. Amount of Award - $1,500.
- Make Me Laugh Scholarship 2013: ScholarshipExperts.com is again offering the Make Me Laugh Scholarship in 2013. One scholarship recipient will be chosen to receive a $1,500 scholarship
Deadline - August 31, 2013. Amount of Award - $1,500.
- DOMO Scholarship For Business Management: DOMO is serious about improving business practices. Really serious. Like, "let's help kids go to college to be better at business" serious. For the 2013 academic year, Domo will provide two scholarships of $2,500 each for college students who are studying business management and who show an interest in analytics.
Deadline - Saturday, August 31, 2013. Amount of Award - $2,500.
- Shout It Out Scholarship 2013: ScholarshipExperts.com is again offering the Shout It Out Scholarship in 2013. One scholarship recipient will be chosen to receive a $1,500 scholarship
Deadline - September 30, 2013. Amount of Award - $1,500.
- AES Engineers Scholarship: AES Engineering is pleased to be able to continue offering scholarships to motivated students to help in the furthering of their education.
Deadline - October 4, 2013. Amount of Award - $500.
- Zombie Apocalypse Scholarship 2013: ScholarshipExperts.com is now offering the Zombie Apocalypse Scholarship in 2013. One scholarship recipient will be chosen to receive a $1,500 scholarship
Deadline - October 31, 2012. Amount of Award - $1,500.
- Education Matters Scholarship 2013: ScholarshipExperts.com is again offering the Education Matters $5K Scholarship in 2013. One scholarship recipient will be chosen to receive a $5,000 scholarship
Deadline - November 30, 2013. Amount of Award - $5,000.
- MediCareSupplementalInsurance.com Therapy Professional Scholarship: Scholarship shall be awarded to one (1) recipient. Applicants must be any person 17 years of age or older who demonstrates interest in physical, massage, recreational, or occupational therapy or psychology professions and is interested in attending a related program, undergraduate, graduate, or accredited training program at an accredited institution of learning within the United States.
Deadline - Sunday, December 15, 2013. Amount of Award - $1,000.
- Top Ten List Scholarship 2013: ScholarshipExperts.com is again offering the Top Ten List Scholarship in 2013. One scholarship recipient will be chosen to receive a $1,500 scholarship
Deadline - December 31, 2013. Amount of Award - $1,500.
- Good Deeds Scholarship 2013: ScholarshipExperts.com is now offering the Good Deeds Scholarship in 2013. One scholarship recipient will be chosen to receive a $1,000 scholarship.
Deadline - December 31, 2013. Amount of Award - $1,000.
- SmileReef Pediatric Dentist of Tomorrow Scholarship: Dr. Jaren Jensen, Pediatric Dentist of SmileReef, knows firsthand the financial difficulties of getting through college, dentistry school, and specialization school. Through his education, scholarship opportunities like this helped Dr. Jensen to be the kids' dentist he is today.
Deadline - Saturday, March 15, 2014. Amount of Award - $500.
- Varsity Tutors Monthly Scholarship Description: Varsity Tutors offers a monthly $1,000 college scholarship contest to students who write the best essay in response to a monthly prompt. Visitors to the Varsity Tutors scholarship webpage will be able to vote via social media for submitted entries. The top five entries with the most votes will be reviewed by Varsity Tutors and one winner will be chosen who will receive a $1,000 college scholarship.
- SR Education Group: SR Education Group offers a set of 4 rotating scholarships at various times throughout the year: Community College Scholarship, Single Parent Scholarship, Women's Scholarship, and Military Scholarship.
- American Indian College Fund
- California-Hawaii Elks Association Vocational Grant ($1000)
- Scholarships for Hispanic Students provided by Fondo Futuro
These are listed here for informational purposes. It is likely that these scholarships will be open again in the future.
- Marathi Vishwa: Each year Marathi Vishwa awards two scholarships in remembrance of Dr. Anandibai Gopal Joshi. Anandibai was the first female doctor whose life illustrated the need for social reform, the role of education and women's rights in India.
Deadline - March 15, 2012. Amount of Award - unknown.
- Kathern F. Gruber Scholarship and Thomas H. Miller Awards - Spouses and dependent children of blinded veterans are eligible for the annual Kathern F. Gruber Scholarship and Thomas H. Miller Awards to assist them with their higher education tuition.
Deadline - April 20, 2012. Amount of Award - $1,000 or $2,000.
- Veterans United Foundation Scholarship: VA Mortgage Center.com is proud to offer five bi-annual $2,000 scholarships, through Veterans United Foundation Scholarship Program. The purpose is simple - many college students currently struggle to meet the financial requirements of pursuing their education, even with the help of financial aid and other scholarship programs.
Deadline - April 30, 2012. Amount of Award - $2,000.
- Coca Cola Scholars Program: Applications are accepted Aug - Oct 31 of the senior year in high school.
- To support college going students, GraduateTutor.com has announced $5,000 worth of scholarships. To apply for the scholarship students need to write an essay on any advice they can give other students. Email essay to: firstname.lastname@example.org by November 30, 2012. See GraduateTutor.com for more information.
Deadline - November 30, 2012. Amount of Award - $5,000.
- Hispanic Scholarship Fund
Multiple scholarships for qualifying students. The application period is September 1st through December 15th for the following academic year.
Deadline - December 15, 2012. Amount of Award - multiple.
- Write an Essay and Answer the Question "Many top TV shows and movies are about zombies, vampires, and serial killers. Why do people love to be scared by TV and movies?" and receive a $1000 Scholarship. The Scholarship Contest is free of charge to enter, and eligibility is not dependent upon grade point average or financial need.The contest ends on January 1, 2013. Judges will decide on the winner and award the $1,000.00 scholarship on January 15, 2013. Entries must be submitted on or before January 1, 2013 via e-mail to email@example.com. See www.specialcabledeals.com/best-cable-promotions.html for more information.
Deadline - January 1, 2013. Amount of Award - $1,000.
- Gates Millennium Scholars Program: The Gates Millennium Scholars (GMS) Program, funded by a grant from the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, was established in 1999 to provide outstanding African American, American Indian/Alaska Native*, Asian Pacific Islander American**, and Hispanic American students with an opportunity to complete an undergraduate college education in any discipline area of interest.
Deadline - January 16, 2013. Amount of Award - varies.
- Campus Discovery "Advice to Your High School Self" Scholarship: CampusDiscovery.com is currently offering a $2,500 scholarship, and all eligible students are invited to apply online.
Deadline - January 31, 2013. Amount of Award - $2,500.
- StorageMart ScholarSmarts: Five $1,000 scholarships will be awarded to students enrolled in the Spring 2013 semester at any college, university or institution of higher education.
Deadline - January 31, 2013. Amount of Award - $1,000.
- I Have a Dream Scholarship 2013: ScholarshipExperts.com is now offering the I Have a Dream Scholarship in 2013. One scholarship recipient will be chosen to receive a $1,000 scholarship
Deadline - January 31, 2013. Amount of Award - $1,000.
- Jackie Robinson Foundation: The Jackie Robinson Foundation provides a multi–faceted experience designed to not only address the financial needs of minority students who aspire to attend college but also to guide them through the process of higher education, molding them into dynamic leaders with a commitment to public service and Jackie Robinson's humanitarian ideals.
Deadline - February 15, 2013. Amount of Award - up to $7,500.
- Next Big Thing Scholarship 2013: ScholarshipExperts.com is now offering the Next Big Thing Scholarship in 2013. One scholarship recipient will be chosen to receive a $1,500 scholarship
Deadline - February 28, 2013. Amount of Award - $1,500.
- Marine Corp Scholarship Foundation: Applicants must be the son or daughter of one of the following: Active duty or reserve U.S. Marine; Veteran U.S. Marine who has received an honorable discharge, medical discharge, was wounded, or was killed while serving in the U.S. Marine Corps; Active duty or reserve U.S. Navy Corpsman who is serving or has served with a U.S. Marine unit; Veteran U.S. Navy Corpsman who has served with a U.S. Marine unit and has received an honorable discharge, medical discharge, was wounded, or was killed in the U.S. Navy.
Deadline - March 1, 2013. Amount of Award - from $1,500 up.
- Student Saver Scholarship: DegreeDirectory.org will be awarding one lucky student a $1,000 scholarship through the Student Saver Scholarship! Entering is easy. Students just have to fill out a short entry form and answer the scholarship question: Do you think your degree will be worth the cost? Why or why not?
Deadline - March 14, 2013. Amount of Award - $1,000.
- Tuition Won't Stop Me Scholarship: Education Portal knows that with the rising cost of tuition, students are finding it harder to complete their degrees. We think everyone is entitled to a higher education regardless of financial status and we are committed to helping students reduce their student loan debt.
Deadline - March 15, 2013. Amount of Award - $1,000.
- Calcot-Seitz Foundation: Scholarships are availabel to students who major in agriculture at a four-year school that offers a degree in agriculture.
Deadline - March 31, 2013. Amount of Award - up to $3,000.
- Superpower Scholarship 2013: ScholarshipExperts.com is again offering the Superpower Scholarship in 2013. One scholarship recipient will be chosen to receive a $2,500 scholarship
Deadline - March 31, 2013. Amount of Award - $2,500.
- SuretyBonds.com Scholarship: SuretyBonds.com understands the value small businesses add not only to our economy but also to the communities we live and work in. So, to show our appreciation, we're paying it forward by establishing a nationwide scholarship program to reward students who have personal experience with small business.
Deadline - March 31, 2013. Amount of Award - $1,500.
- Slice of Life Scholarship: There's more than one way to peel an orange and there's more than one way to learn. Join our contest by submitting a short, one- to two-minute video. Get creative! In your video, show us what makes you a unique learner who values a personal learning experience. A $2,500 scholarship will be awarded to the best story, with the runner-up winning a $500 scholarship! In a world full of apples, give the world an orange. Be creative and show us A Slice of Your Life!
Deadline - April 19, 2013. Amount of Award - $2,500.
- Phi Theta Kappa Scholarships
Deadline - April 30, 2013. Amount of Award - varies.
- A.W. Bodine - Sunkist Growers Scholarship: The Bodine-Sunkist scholarship honors the memory of Sunkist board vice chairman Arthur W. Bodine. Eligibility requirements include financial need and a family or personal involvement in California or Arizona agriculture. It is open to students entering any phase of their undergraduate college career, at any school, and in any field of study.
Deadline - April 30, 2013. Amount of Award - unknown.
- All About Education Scholarship 2013: ScholarshipExperts.com is again offering the All About Education Scholarship in 2013. One scholarship recipient will be chosen to receive a $3,000 scholarship.
Deadline - April 30, 2013. Amount of Award - $3,000.
- WyzAnt College Scholarships Program: WyzAnt Tutoring's third annual college scholarship contest is now open! Multiple prizes are up for grabs including a first place scholarship worth $10,000!
Deadline - May 1, 2013. Amount of Award - $2,000 or $3,000 or $10,000.
- MassMutual Financial Group is offering $150,000 in scholarships for high achieving African American, Asian/Pacific Islander, and Hispanic full-time students. Preference given to students who are interested in careers in the insurance and financial services industry. Apply online at www.act.org/massmutual.
Deadline - May 3, 2013. Amount of Award - varies.
- California Association For PostSecondary Education and Disability (Multiple)
- Health Professionals Education Foundation (Multiple)
Search for More Scholarships
- California Scholarships
- College, College Scholarships, and Online Degrees
- College Resource Network
- College Scholarships List for Students
- College Scholarships.org including
- Disabled Scholarship Opportunities
- Scholarships for Interracial Students
- Scholarships for LGBT Students and Children of LGBT Parents
- Scholarships for Women
- and many, many more for all sorts of students
- DiscusAwards.com List of Scholarships
- Fast Aid
- FastWeb Featured Scholarships
- FinAid: The SmartStudent Guide to Financial Aid
- FreSch: Free Scholarship Search
- Guaranteed Scholarships
- Latino College Dollars
- National Academy of American Scholars
- Nerd Scholar
- NextStepU Scholarship Search
- Sallie Mae Fund
- Scholarships and Grants.us
- Scholarships Times
- School Soup
More Help for College
- Asian & Pacific Islander American Scholarship Fund
- Federal Student Aid
- Hispanic College Fund
- National College Access Network
- Scholarships for Low-Income Women
- United Friends of the Children
- United Negro College Fund
How To Guides
- Beat-Tuition.com How to Get Scholarships
- CampusGrotto.com 10 Tips on How to get a College Scholarship
- CollegeGrantsandScholarships.net: Scholarships For High School Seniors
- eHow.com How to Get a Scholarship
- eHow.com How to Get Scholarships for Disabled Students
- HowToGetIn.com How To Get College Scholarships and Grants
- wikiHow.com How to Get a Full Scholarship
If you have questions about Scholarships please contact: