Job Development Services
About Our Services
The Career Center is a place to find out information about job development skills and employment options. The center is available to all Cerro Coso prospective, current, and alumni students. Our goal as the Career Center is to provide students with career planning and job development skills.
For Students with career needs:
Our services, located in the Career/Transfer Center, Room 224, are open to all students and visitors from the community and include:
- Finding a job YOU want
- Resume writing
- Job interview skills
- Interview role-playing
- Career planning
- Job search
- Getting you in touch with part-time, full-time, temporary, permanent, or summer employment opportunities
Please contact the staff at your extension office to determine the local availability of career counseling activities available to you.
Current Job Openings in the Community
Check indeed.com for local listings.
RIDGECREST EMPLOYMENT DEVELOPMENT DEPARTMENT NEEDS A VETERANS WORK STUDY STUDENT.
- Training in a college degree, vocational, or professional program at least 3/4 time.
- Veterans with VA Educational benefits, make an appointment with EDD Vet Rep to discuss eligibility and availability.
- Work Study position(s) at the Ridgecrest EDD office flexible and convenient.
- General Office work, available to assist other veterans with Job Search, Resumes, etc.
Call the Veterans Representative on Staff:Gwendolyn Thornton, DVOP
1400 N. Norma Street, Suite 105
Ridgecrest, CA 93555
(760)446-4627 Message or
(760)446-2595 Mon-Fri 8:00am to 5:00pm
Cerro Coso also offers online career services through several different websites. The following are just a few:
- ECOS (Education and Career Opportunities System) is a web-based career and college guidance system provided by Cerro Coso.
Log on as a New User and set up your account: Membership Code: 4702730330
- Wondering how to connect majors to careers? Click on MAJORS of interest to see outlines of common career areas: http://whatcanidowiththismajor.com/major/
SCEP has changed to PATHWAYS
For students and recent graduates to federal careers!
This program is designed to provide students enrolled in a wide variety of education institutions, from high school to graduate level, with opportunities to work in agencies and explore Federal careers while still in school and while getting paid for the work performed. Students who successfully complete the program may be eligible for conversion to a permanent job in the civil service. Interns may be converted to a permanent position within 120 days of successful completion of the program. Addition information can be found at: https://www.usajobs.gov/studentsandgrads.
For Employers with recruiting needs:
Our services are available to businesses in the IWV community and extension locations. You may be eligible to hire a CalWORKs student and receive financial assistance with your employment costs. Please call (760) 384-6276 or fill out our Employer Recruiting Info form to discuss our helping you with your recruiting needs.