Admissions for Athletes
Becoming a Student at Cerro Coso
- Fill out the application form online. [Quick instructions].
- Send us your transcripts, if we ask.
Credit earned from other accredited colleges or universities may be transferred to Cerro Coso upon admission. Students will need to provide official transcripts showing satisfactory scholarship and an honorable dismissal. Transcripts from all previously attended colleges must be mailed directly to Admissions and Records:
Admissions & Records
Cerro Coso Community College
3000 College Heights Blvd
Ridgecrest, CA 93555
Phone: (760) 384-6357
Fax: (760) 384-6377
- Register with the NCAA Eligibility Center.
- Attend orientation.
- Take the assessment tests.These must be complete before you can register for classes.
- Meet with a counselor to develop a Student Education Plan (SEP) for your first semester at Cerro Coso. The SEP must be completed by Oct 1.
- Get Financial Aid by completing the FAFSA online at http://www.fafsa.ed.gov/.
Cerro Coso's Federal School Code (010111) must be entered on your FAFSA so that your information will be transmitted to us electronically. You will also need a pin to sign the FAFSA electronically. Apply for a pin at http://www.pin.ed.gov/. Parents of dependent students must also apply for a pin.
- If you qualify, also apply for a Board of Governors Grant Fee Waiver on the Financial Aid webpage.
- Register for classes.
- Pay fees within ten days of registering for classes (unless you have an approved fee waiver. [See Financial Aid.])
- Attend classes. Students who do not attend the first day of class will be dropped. If you are dropped, YOU ARE NOT ELIGIBLE TO PLAY.
- Meet with Karee Hamilton or Amy Kennedy in counseling each semester to further develop your SEP discuss meeting your education and career goals.