High Tech Center
Software and Hardware
- Dragon Naturally Speaking is a voice recognition program that allows the user to navigate through computer applications and dictate commands and text by voice. Dragon Naturally Speaking provides computer access to users with physical disabilities such as carpal tunnel syndrome, quadriplegia, multiple sclerosis or any disability that limits the use of arm and hand motion.
- EaseReader is an advanced Digital Talking Book (DTB) software player that allows text and audio content to be experienced in a whole new way.
- Inspiration is a powerful visual learning tool that inspires students to develop ideas and organize thinking. Inspiration's integrated diagramming and outlining environments work together to help students comprehend concepts and information. Inspiration is ideal for use in English, science, history and anytime the user needs to structure their research or other thought processes.
- JAWS is a screen reading program for users who are blind or partially sighted. A software voice synthesizer reads the contents of the screen to the user as he/she navigates the computer with keyboard commands. JAWS gives access and independence to computer users who previously would have had to rely on Braille or another person to read to them.
- Kurzweil 1000 is an advanced scanning and reading solution for the blind or visually impaired.
- Kurzweil 3000 is our scanning, reading and writing solution for people with learning disabilities or reading difficulties. There are two versions - one for the Windows environment and one for the Macintosh.
- TextAloud is the exciting new program that converts any text into spoken words and MP3 files. It resides in your Windows tray, always ready to read aloud your text from email, web pages, and documents. You can listen immediately, or save to .wav or MP3 files to hear later at your convenience.
- ZoomText is a software program that magnifies the contents of the computer screen from 2X to 16X. ZoomText also provides a voice synthesizer that can read the contents of the screen.
- 4-Track Cassette Player is to play the 4-track tape.
- 8 Digit Dual Power Calculator includes the four basic math functions (addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division), plus it ahs percentage, square root, and memory functions. Dual power is the solar cell power and replaceable battery power.
- Adaptive Keyboard
- Adaptive Mouse
- AlphaSmart is a notetaker laptop computer.
- Closed Circuit TV (CCTV) is a highly customizable versatile magnification system designed to enlarge and enhance images and print material using video camera technology.
- DAISY Player is the one which plays the DAISY audio files (Digital Accessible Information System).
- Earphone is an electro acoustic transducer operating from an electrical system to an acoustical system and intended to be closely coupled acoustically to the ear.
- Flatbed Scanner is used for scanning and reading with assistive technology software.
- Graphing Calculator is a tool for quickly visualizing math. Just type an equation and it is drawn for you without complicated dialogs or commands.
- Magnifier is a system of optical components that magnifies.
- Talking Calculator & Alarm Clock is a voice enabled calculator for individuals with visual impairment and mobility impairment.
- TouchWindow allows early learners to use a computer successfully right from their first experience. Students and teachers naturally point to and touch computer monitors while using software. The TouchWindow takes advantage of this natural interaction by allowing students to select and move objects, operate pull-down menus, and draw graphics - all with the touch of a finger.