Week Of The Young Child
April 13, 2011
This week is "Week Of The Young Child" and the Cerro Coso Child Development Center has begun their celebrations! Help us recognize the Cerro Coso children.
The following are events this week and how you can participate.
- VISIT THE ART GALLERY - Monday through Thursday - Art Gallery is set up in the LRC - Come by and see the art & classroom projects of current children, alumni children,
and art donations from staff and community.
- ART GALLERY RECEPTION - Thursday evening - 6 p.m. to 8 p.m. - Come join us in our celebration. Refreshments served.
Community children will be playing piano for this event. Art items donated by adults are numbered and will be bought through a silent auction.
IF YOU CAN NOT ATTEND, YOU CAN WRITE DOWN THE NUMBER YOU WANT TO BID ON AND CALL ME WITH THE AMOUNT YOU WANT TO BID.
- Items for bid include pottery by Paula Caudill & art department, photography by Dawn Fidel, quilt by CDC classroom, recycle art piece (Mother Earth)
by Nan Gomez-Heitzberg, art by Julie Cornett, paintings by Megan Cornell & Joe Lauro, and ear rings by Paula Caudill.
- Donations are also welcome! Proceeds will go towards art education and materials for our CDC children.
- Week of the Young Child Parade on Friday starting at 10:30 a.m. - We will parade down on campus and enjoy a picnic lunch on the grass in front of the LRC, before we head back up to the center.
Look out for them and wave hello!
- Children's fair at LeRoy Jackson Park park on Saturday, from 9:30 a.m-2:00 p.m. Cerro Coso CDC will have a booth representing our college and program.
Come out and bring your children for a day of fun events that are all FREE!
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION, PLEASE CONTACT:
Natalie Dorrell, Public Information (760) 384-6260