Kern County Law Library - Virtual Branch
The Kern County Law Library has placed a computer station in the Cerro Coso LRC for general public use in the Library only. It is not accessible from remote computers. It is available during the regular hours of the LRC.
The available resources are as follows:
- California Codes
- California Court Rules
- United States Codes
- Federal Cases
- California Cases
- Supreme Court Reporter
- ALR 3rd, 4th, 5th, Federal
- Rutter Group Practice Guides
- Codes and Cases for all 50 states
- Legal Classics
- Law Journal Library
- U.S. Supreme Court Library
- Foreign & International Law Resources Database
- U.S. Federal Legislative History Library
- World Trials
- U.S. Congressional Docs
- Session Laws
- Treaties and Agreements Library
All of Shepard's and the ability to retrieve a document with the exact citation. The document can be a case or Law Review article.
BNA Tax and Accounting Center
Comprehensive, authoritative content of the BNATax Management Library and Accounting & Policy Practice Center, along with the rest of BNA's peerless tax and accounting resources, including the Tax Portfolios, Accounting Portfolios, Daily Tax Report, all news & commentary, and more is delivered in a completely integrated new platform.
- How to do your own divorce
- Neighbor vs. Neighbor
- How to make a CA will
- Represent yourself in court
- How to probate and estate
- How to adopt your step child
- Fight your ticket
- Guardianship book
- Conservator ship book
- And many other titles...
- Black's Law Dictionary
- California rules of court-State and Federal
- Bieber's Dictionary of Legal Abbreviations
Internet Access for Legal Research
Sites that are used often are saved in Internet Explorer's "Favorites". When doing your own research, using "Google.com" is recommended as a search engine.