A. Basic Grammatical Concepts
1. Nouns, pronouns, articles.
2. Vocabulary, false cognates.
3. Adjectives: agreement, placement, gender and number.
4. Regular and irregular present tense verbs.
5. Verb Ser vs. Estar. Impersonal verb Hay.
6. Possession, possessive and demonstrative adjectives and pronouns.
8. The verb gustar and other similar verbs.
B. Intermediate Grammatical Concepts
1. Preterit vs. imperfect.
2. Basic compound tenses such as the present perfect.
3. Comparisons and superlatives.
4. Direct and indirect object pronouns.
5. Reflexive verbs.
7. The impersonal se.
8. Por vs. para, other prepositions such as prepositions of place, prepositions with verbs.
9. Idiomatic expressions such as hacer with expressions of time.
C. Advanced Grammatical Concepts
The Subjunctive as mood and tense.
1. The relationship between mood and tense.
2. The present subjunctive.
3. Major uses of the subjunctive with expressions of doubt, denial, emotion and willing.
4. The use of the subjunctive in impersonal expressions
5. The use of the subjunctive with conjunctions and in adjectival clauses
The subjunctive as a compound tense.
1. The present perfect subjunctive
2. The past subjunctive.
3. The past perfect subjunctive.
4. The subjunctive in 'if' clauses, present and past.
The command form.
1. Informal commands.
2. Formal commands.
3. Nosotros commands.
D. Culture, Civilization and History.
Passages on the culture and civilization of the Spanish-speaking world.