A. History, terminology, equipment and clothing(A-C)
B. Knowledge of the game(A-C)
1. Rules regulations
2. Scoring and positions and strategies
3. Court etiquette and procedures
C. Instruction of individual skills. Proper execution and drills. (A-C)
1. Forearm Pass- for service reception
2. Overhead Set- face pass for setting
3. Serves- Underhand floating serve
4. Spike- basic power spike
6. Block- individual blocking technique and tandem blocking
D. Team Skills: (progression based on class skill level). (A-C)
1. Serve receive formation. With receiving formation.
2. Serving formation
3. Offense: 6-6, 4-2, hitter coverage.
4. Defense: 3-deep defense
5. Free ball: Transition from defense to offense and vice versa.
E. Class participation and assignments require the following critical thinking(C)
1. Comprehension of basic team strategy and its application to a game situation.
2. Comprehension of developing proper volleyball skills and their application to personal performance.