- Non-Repeatable Credit
- MATERIALS FEE:
- CREDIT BY EXAM:
- CORE MISSION APPLICABILITY:
- Associate Degree Applicable (AA/AS);Certificate of Achievement (COA);CSU Transfer;Career Technical Education (CTE)
Vocational Nursing (AS Degree Program)
Vocational Nursing Cert (Certificate of Achievement)
GENERAL EDUCATION APPLICABILITY
- UC Transfer Course:
- CSU Transfer Course:
California State University, Bakersfield =
California State University, Dominguez Hills =
California State University, Fresno =
STUDENT LEARNING OUTCOMES Upon completion of the course, the student will be able to
- Identify nursing interventions for the client having surgery.
- Create teaching plans for prevention of various cancers.
- Describe the etiology and signs and symptoms of various disorders.
- List nursing responsibilities for clients undergoing diagnostic tests and procedures for various disorders.
- Describe the classic signs of infection.
- Distinguish signs and symptons of various electrolyte imbalances.
DETAILED TOPICAL OUTLINE:
See attached Instructional Plan as mandated by BVNPT.
METHODS OF INSTRUCTION--Course instructional methods may include but are not limited to
- Case Study;
- Guest Lecturers;
- Instruction through examination or quizzing;
- Outside reading;
- Presentations (by students);
- Project-based learning;
- Written work;
OUT OF CLASS ASSIGNMENTS: Out of class assignments may include but are not limited to
A. Required Readings: weekly outline chapter prior to lecture.
B. Weekly Homework Assignments: complete end of chapter questions.
C. Plans of Care.
METHODS OF EVALUATION: Assessment of student performance may include but is not limited to
TEXTS, READINGS, AND MATERIALS: Instructional materials may include but are not limited to
deWit, Susan. (2009) Medical-Surgical Nursing, , Saunders Elsevier
deWit, Susan. (2009) Medical-Surgical Nursing Study Guide, , Saunders Elsevier
Kaplan PN Complete Course
- METHOD OF DELIVERY:
- iTV – Interactive video = Face to face course with significant required activities in a distance modality ;Face to face;
- MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
- Licensed Vocational Nursing;
- Origination Date
- Last Outline Revision
- Curriculum Committee Approval
- Board of Trustees
- State Approval
- UC Approval
- UC Approval Status
- CSU Approval
- 30 = Spring 2013
- CSU Approval Status
- IGETC Approval
- IGETC Approval Status
- CSU GE Approval
- CSU GE Approval Status
- Data Element Changes
- Data Justification
- Needed for alignment with BC and others in the region for the C6 Grant
- Course Element Changes
- Course Change Justification
- Course ID (CB00)
- TOP Code (CB03)
- 1230.20 - Licensed Vocational Nursi;
- Course Credit Status (CB04)
- D - Credit - Degree Applicable;
- Course Transfer Status (CB05)
- B = Transferable to CSU only
- Course Units of Credit Maximum High (CB06):
- Course Units of Credit Minimum Low (CB07):
- Course Basic Skills (BS) Status (CB08):
- N = Course is not a basic skills course.
- SAM Code (CB09):
- C = Occupational;
- Cooperative Education Course Status (CB10):
- Not part of Coop Work Exp;
- Course Classification Code (CB11):
- Career-Technical Education;
- Course Special Status (CB13):
- N - Not Special;
- CAN Code (CB14):
- CAN-Code Seq (CB15):
- Course Prior to College Level (CB21):
- Not Applicable;
- Course Non-Credit Category (CB22):
- Not Applicable, Credit Course;
- Funding Agency Category (CB23):
- Not Applicable
- Course Program Status (CB24):
- 1 - Program Applicable;