Student Government of Cerro Coso
The Student Government of Cerro Coso (SGCC), is the official student organization, with membership open to all students. The SGCC, through its governing body the Student Senate, promotes the Student Activities Program at Cerro Coso. A system of self-government has been established by which the students, through democratic action, formulate and execute policies and programs and prepare the student body's financial budget.
Cerro Coso Community College students can purchase the Coyote Card each semester at the time of registration. These funds, in turn, support the Student Activities Program which benefits the college and contributes to the welfare of all students. Possession of a Coyote Card may qualify an individual to serve as a club representative or a student Senator, to hold office, to join college student organizations, and to receive student discounts in the college bookstore, as well as in the community. Members are also entitled to reduced or free admission to various on-campus and off-campus events sponsored by the SGCC.
For More Information:
- Attend an SGCC Meeting
1st and 3rd Tuesday from 12:30-1:30
IWV - LRC 604 / KRV - PL5 / Bishop - 197 / Mammoth - 228
All Students are Invited to Attend!
- Call the SGCC
Students with further questions on how to participate in the SGCC, or for more information may call the Student Activities Office at (760) 384-6353. Students at campus sites or centers may contact their local administrator.
Student Government Officers
SGCC Executive Board Offices:
- President - Anthony Wovenu presides at all meetings
- Vice President - Angelo Sanchez assists the president
- Secretary - Steffeni Moreno records all proceedings of the meetings
- Finance Manager - Santiago Piña records and processes the expenditures
- Region IX Representative - Bonnie Moir attends Region IX meetings at various colleges in the Region IX district
- Communication Officer - Andrew Weisz in charge of all publicity, posters, and information for the public
- President of Senate presides over the senators
- Senators assist the executive board of the SGCC