Welding Technology Certificate of Achievement (21 units): This course of study trains students in multiple welding processes and is designed to prepare them for an entry level welding position in diverse fields. Safe and clean work habits are practiced and personal protective equipment is required. Any student completing the courses required for the Welding Technology major qualifies for a certificate in Welding Technology.
Complete each course to be applied toward the certificate with a grade of "C" or better. Complete a minimum of 12 units in residence at Cerro Coso Community College.
Program Learning Outcomes
Upon successful completion of the program, the student will be able to
- Demonstrate competency in major welding processes used in industry.
- Apply welding processes and the use of hand tools and shop equipment to fabricate projects.
- Recognize and interpret technical drawings in the planning and fabrication of projects.
- Demonstrate appropriate workplace safety policies and procedures during welding and fabrication operations.
- Apply mathematical concepts to solve problems related to an industrial/technical environment.
- Ridgecrest Indian Wells Valley Campus [Certificate Pathway]
Note: Some courses within the major may have a required prerequisite. If you feel you have equivalent knowledge and skills to those included in the prerequisite course through professional experience, licensure, or certification, you have the opportunity to submit a Prerequisite Challenge to be reviewed by the faculty chair. For the Prerequisite Challenge to be considered, you must submit documentation/verification to substantiate the basis for the challenge. Please consult a counselor for more information regarding Prerequisite Challenge.
Complete all of the following courses:
|DRFT C108||Reading Technical Drawings||3 Units|
|or INDT C108||Reading Technical Drawings||3|
|MCTL C107||Basic Hand Tools||2|
|MATH C056||Technical Math for Trades||4|
|WELD C101||Oxyacetylene Welding||3|
|WELD C102||Shielded Metal Arc Welding (SMAW)||2|
|WELD C200||Gas Metal Arc Welding (GMAW)||2|
|WELD C201||Welding Fabrication||3|
|WELD C203||Gas Tungsten Arc Welding (GTAW)||2|