Business Office Technology Office Clerk
Business Office Technology Office Clerk Certificate of Achievement (12 units): This course of study prepares the student to perform basic competencies as an entry level office clerk whether or not the individual has previous office experience. This certificate of achievement is a foundation for the Office Assistant Certificate and the Business Office Technology Associate in Science Degree.
Complete each course to be applied toward the certificate with a grade of "C" or better. Complete a minimum of 12 units in residence at Cerro Coso Community College.
Program Learning Outcomes
Upon successful completion of the program, the student will be able to
- Achieve business standards for efficiency, time management, and quality of work while projecting a professional image including ethical standards with respect to privacy, confidentiality, and personal behavior both independently and in group situations.
- Demonstrate introductory skills ain the use of software tools such as Microsoft Word, Excel, and Access, to entry-level office related tasks such as letter and report creation, basic spreadsheet creation/edit, and data entry.
- Apply standard records management procedures when establishing and maintaining systems to classify, organize, store, and retrieve hard copy and electronic files.
- Demonstrate active listening skills to accurately condense and record verbal information, instructions, and ideas.
- Demonstrate accuracy and efficiency using a desktop calculator to perform business mathematics calculations appropriate for routine office tasks requiring calculation.
- CC Online [Certificate Pathway]
Note: Some courses within the major may have a required prerequisite. If you feel you have equivalent knowledge and skills to those included in the prerequisite course through professional experience, licensure, or certification, you have the opportunity to submit a Prerequisite Challenge to be reviewed by the faculty chair. For the Prerequisite Challenge to be considered, you must submit documentation/verification to substantiate the basis for the challenge. Please consult a counselor for more information regarding Prerequisite Challenge.
Complete all of the following courses:
|BSAD C070||Business Mathematics||3 Units|
|BSOT C100||Intro to Business Office Technology||3|
|BSOT C127||MS PowerPoint||1|
|BSOT C131||Basic Computer Keyboarding||1|
|CSCI C070||Computer Literacy||1|
|CSCI C121||Beginning Word||1|
|CSCI C123||Beginning Excel||1|
|CSCI C125||Beginning Access||1|