Business Office Technology Administrative Office Assistant
Business Office Technology Administrative Office Assistant Certificate of Achievement (18 units): This course of study equips the student with the range of skills necessary to perform the duties of an entry level administrative assistant in today's technological office. Completers master skills in communication, bookkeeping, office skills, and an essential selection of intermediate computer applications for business. Those completing the Administrative Office Assistant Certificate may choose to continue with the Business Office Technology Associate in Science Degree.
Complete each course to be applied toward the certificate with a grade of "C" or better. Complete a minimum of 12 units in residence at Cerro Coso Community College.
Program Learning Outcomes
Upon successful completion of the program, the student will be able to
- Achieve business standards for efficiency, time management, and quality of work while projecting a professional image including ethical standards with respect to privacy, confidentiality, and personal behavior both independently and in group situations.
- Apply fundamental principles of spelling, grammar, and punctuation to a wide variety of business communication messages, documents, and reports appropriate for the intended audience.
- Demonstrate intermediate skills and problem solving ability in the use of industry standard applications and technology such as Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, and PowerPoint, to office related tasks.
- Analyze and record a variety of business financial transactions such as petty cash, bank deposits, accounts receivable, and accounts payable.
- Apply standard records management procedures when establishing and maintaining systems to classify, organize, store, and retrieve hard copy and electronic files.
- Demonstrate active listening skills to accurately condense and record verbal information, instructions, and ideas.
- CC Online [Certificate Pathway]
Note: Some courses within the major may have a required prerequisite. If you feel you have equivalent knowledge and skills to those included in the prerequisite course through professional experience, licensure, or certification, you have the opportunity to submit a Prerequisite Challenge to be reviewed by the faculty chair. For the Prerequisite Challenge to be considered, you must submit documentation/verification to substantiate the basis for the challenge. Please consult a counselor for more information regarding Prerequisite Challenge.
Complete all of the following courses:
|BSAD C070||Business Mathematics||3 Units|
|BSAD C072||Introduction to Accounting||3|
|BSAD C145||Business Communication||3|
|BSOT C100||Intro to Business Office Technology||3|
|BSOT C132||Intermediate Computer Keyboarding||1|
|CSCI C151||Intermediate Word||1|
|CSCI C153||Intermediate Excel||1|
|CSCI C155||Intermediate Access||1|
|CSCI C171||Introduction to the Internet and the World Wide Web||1|
|CSCI C129||Microsoft Outlook||1|
|or CSCI C135||Beginning Adobe Acrobat||1|