Licensed Vocational Nurse
Is it your dream to become a nurse and work in the fastest growing career field?
Cerro Coso Community College offers you the opportunity to pursue your dream of becoming a licensed vocational nurse in 12 months after completion of your prerequisites. The opportunities for employment as an LVN include working in a hospital, long term care facility, physicians offices, clinics, home health agencies and hospice to name a few.
Cost of Program*
|Tuition ($46 x 44.5 units)||$2047|
|Books / Kaplan||$1300|
|TOTAL COST (over 12 months)||$3949|
The accelerated licensed vocational nursing program will provide students with a fast track career pathway.
- HCRS C055 Certified Nursing Assistant
- PSYC C101 General Psychology
- HCRS C150 Medical Terminology
- CSCI C070 Computer Literacy
- BIOL C125 Survey of Anatomy and Physiology (this can be substituted for BIOL C251 plus BIOL C255)
Mandatory requirements for this C6 program include:
- Program application
- Program specific orientation
- Completion of program specific assessments
- Completion of all prerequisites with a grade of "C" or better
Steps to enroll in this program:
- Call and make an appointment with the counseling department:
- Ridgecrest/Lake Isabella - Kim Blackwell (760) 384-6219
- Eastern Sierra College Center - Greg Kost (760) 872-5316
- Complete all prerequisites with a grade of "C" or better
- Complete application paperwork (these are available in Oct. for the Jan. start)
- Attend orientation
- Participation in lottery selection process
- Complete WorkKeys assessment
This revised and accelerated program is partially funded through a department of labor grant called the trade adjustment assistance community college and career training programs (TAACCCT).
Students will complete this program in 12 consecutive months and will be qualified to sit for state boards for LVN licensure.
This pathway of study is in response to community needs in Ridgecrest, Kern River Valley, South Kern, Bishop and Mammoth areas and is being funded through the TAACCCT Grant.