Child Development Virtual Mentoring
Virtual Mentoring available to online Child Development / ECE students!
Cerro Coso is participating in a new method of supporting students from the California Early Childhood Mentor Program (CECMP): Virtual Mentoring! Virtual Mentors are CECMP Mentors now available to support the unique needs of online Child Development / ECE students. They may work with a student through a variety of technological means such as telephone, email, skype, webinars, etc. The Virtual Mentor will work with the student to determine the most appropriate method.
Virtual Mentors are available to online Child Development / Early Childhood Education students attending any of the participating California Community Colleges. Cerro Coso Community College students have first priority. All other requests will be granted on a first come, first served basis.
Topics a student might seek support from a Virtual Mentor may include but are not limited to:
- Interviews regarding the job of an early childhood educator
- Understanding child guidance techniques
- Learning environment design (classroom and playground layouts)
- Title 22 basics
- Observation and Assessment skills – writing behavior descriptions from observation notes
- Clarification regarding developmental concepts and behaviors that indicate development in these areas
- Conferencing with families
- Literacy throughout the curriculum
- Environmental ratings
- Antibias and multicultural curriculum
- Support with research citations, guidance in online research / searching for sources from the web, etc.
For more information about the Mentor Program in general, please visit California Early Childhood Mentor Program.
For more information about Virtual Mentoring contact:
California Early Childhood Virtual Mentor Program Coordinator, Cerro Coso Community College